Permissable Post

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
I have a couple of current production instruments that have been sitting on my shelf that I just uncovered. I am not going to carry this line any more, and want to sell them for my cost. What kind of poo am I going to generate from the powers that be if I put them up for sale in this forum?

Thanks,

Jim

What kind of poo am I going to generate from the powers that be if I put them up for sale in this forum?

Thanks,

Jim

Since putting it in the Classifieds forum would create poo of no consequence, would you call it sham poo?

Probably, and if I did it anonymously it would be poo who?

Jim

Even better if you let your diminutive friend Cindy create that anonymous post.

Or some big guy named Horton....

Attachments

• grinch-cindy-lou-who.jpg
    grinch-cindy-lou-who.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 9
Even better if you let your diminutive friend Cindy create that anonymous post. Or some big guy named Horton....

Then would it be Cyndi poo who?

And they've rewritten Seuss for the modern kids...

The new title is, "Horton Hires A 'Ho"

Jim

I've tried that. Nobody reads the classifieds. At least nobody that is interested in avionics. I'm seriously thinking about starting my own avionics BBS for RST.

Thanks,

Jim

I read the classifieds often and since the first thing I do when coming here is to hit "new posts" if you keep bumping it, then it'll keep showing up.

Or you could do like Shane and Jay do and just peddle your goods all over the site with reckless abandon. None of the MC members seems to care about this rule so have at it!

(can you tell this is a pet peeve of mine ;) )

I read the classifieds often and since the first thing I do when coming here is to hit "new posts" if you keep bumping it, then it'll keep showing up. )

OK, then I will not post that I have two ACK A-30 Mod5 (FL 310) altitude encoders in sealed factory boxes for which I paid $145.34 and therefore would not be willing to part with them at cost plus whatever actual shipping is.

No matter how much you beg and plead :lol:

:cheerswine:

Jim

OK, then I will not post that I have two ACK A-30 Mod5 (FL 310) altitude encoders in sealed factory boxes for which I paid $145.34 and therefore would not be willing to part with them at cost plus whatever actual shipping is.

No matter how much you beg and plead :lol:

:cheerswine:

Jim

Looks good to me. They're way too cheap though. You ought to be asking at least double that. I mean, if you were actually selling them anyway.

Blind encoders can't see what forum they're in anyway. So they're fine residing here.

Looks good to me. They're way too cheap though. You ought to be asking at least double that. I mean, if you were actually selling them anyway.

Blind encoders can't see what forum they're in anyway. So they're fine residing here.

Well, since I'm not really selling them but just pretending them to do so, if somebody wants to send me pretend money then I'll pretend to send them the encoders :yes:

Jim

I read the classifieds often and since the first thing I do when coming here is to hit "new posts" if you keep bumping it, then it'll keep showing up.

Or you could do like Shane and Jay do and just peddle your goods all over the site with reckless abandon. None of the MC members seems to care about this rule so have at it!

(can you tell this is a pet peeve of mine ;) )
Is that why you are so nasty to Shane? At least there is a reason.

Is that why you are so nasty to Shane? At least there is a reason.

I wouldn't consider repeatedly pointing out the rules of the site as he (and his associates) repeatedly violates them as being nasty. And I've even told him (publicly) that my main beef isn't with him, it's with the MC for not enforcing the rules.

The only think I can think of that you might consider "nasty" is when I pointed out to him that he's not doing himself any favors by frequently slamming his competition. Being a long-time business owner myself, I understand that it's a far more effective strategy to talk up your own product than to talk down the competition. People see right through the latter and "trash talking the competition" makes people less likely to transact business with you (at least it does me).

I view my commentary more as "taking a (perceived) business rookie to school" than "being nasty" but if it came across that way...well...okay...

Regarding this site: As I've said before, if you have rules enforce them. If you're not going to enforce them then eliminate the rule. It's simple really. Don't do things half-assed.

Also, don't set up two classes of participants. One class that's allowed to do what they want because they are "regulars" or "are liked" and another class that must toe the line. Caste systems do not encourage a healthy environment but rather breed animosity.

Or maybe it's just me...that's always possible...I'm a pretty animus! ;)

Last edited:
Looks good to me. They're way too cheap though. You ought to be asking at least double that.

I said that all I wanted to do is sell them for what I have paid for them as a dealer once upon a time. Anything more and I am abusing the privileges of this group.

Somebody asked me in PM about warranty. Warranty runs from the date I ship them, not from the date I put them on the shelf.

Jim

I said that all I wanted to do is sell them for what I have paid for them as a dealer once upon a time. Anything more and I am abusing the privileges of this group.

Joke...it was a joke...just to keep the thread going for you...

Back