People are gaming the air carrier access act.

First off, I'll agree, dogs need to be well behaved if they are taken around other people, service dog, pet, whatever.

As to your service dog avenger routine though,
Has anyone told you to mind your business when you do this routine?

Folks get all bent out of shape over jack diddly now days, I think most are bothered that others use the system, frankly the airlines use the system too, everyone does, what's the old saying.. If you look around a room and you can't pick out the sucker, it's probably you.

Here's how that would play in my book

Is that dog required because of a disability?
Yes

What service has the dog been trained to do?
Services related to my disability.

Perhaps there is a guy in a wheel chair you could flip, maybe he's just looking to game the airline for that extra overhead space....

I know it's antidotal, but I've never, not once, seen a dog crap all over a airline, attack small children, attempt to hijack a plane, steal a purse, nothing aside from maybe a whimper or two.

Much like the drones, if you have so much extra time and energy to worry about someone getting one over on a crappy airline, perhaps picking up a new hobby would be a good idea, I mean really out of all the BS you get flying on a airline, this is so waaaaay waaaaaaaaaay down the list.

Why?:dunno: If someone's dog isn't bothering you, why is there this need to 'avenge' a damned thing?:dunno: For being the 'land of the free', it's the most over regulated snobbish place on the planet.

Why?:dunno: If someone's dog isn't bothering you, why is there this need to 'avenge' a damned thing?:dunno: For being the 'land of the free', it's the most over regulated snobbish place on the planet.

Exactly.

If I was sitting next to this guy with my tiny min pin curled on my lap sleeping, he'd want to start playing his "I'll prove its not a real service dog" game.

Like you said, if the dog isn't bothering anyone, isn't taking up your space, who cares.

Last edited:
Exactly.

If I was sitting next to this guy with my tiny min pin curled on sleeping, he'd want to start playing is "I'll prove its not a real service dog" game.

Like you said, if the dog isn't bothering anyone, isn't taking up your space, who cares.

I'd likely end up with your min pin in my lap, I could really not give a **** less about bringing pets on the plane, I do draw the line at chickens though unless my ticket was <$30, then I'll ride with chickens...

Autumn stays under the seat until after the meal service, and then gets a little lap time until initial decent.

Yes, I said meal service. If I tried to fly her in coach she'd probably bite me!

I think I have written it poorly, but the dog crapped it's diaper (I do appreciate that she had one on the dog) halfway through a 3 hour flight, and after she did nothing about it, there was a definite "when are we getting there" all around us.

When there is freedom, there is also responsibility. The "avenger" thing was his words, not mine. I am sorry that I gave the impression that I was going up to all people that have vests on their dogs and call them out on it. I do not.

However, having been refused hotel rooms by national chains when bringing Cooper traveling with me, being refused entry into restaurants, and getting kicked out of 7-11, after spending thousands of dollars to make sure that Cooper can pass all of the tests to have the trainer write a letter (there is no authoritative need for "certification" of a Service Animal) for my work (no, they can't require one, but I had one to make things easier), I get rubbed a bit raw by those that spend $75 for a vest on a poorly behaved dog to deceive (she admitted it) under the guise of the law.

(On the hotel thing, when I called the customer support number and told them what happened, the guy on the phone actually said, "Oh crap," to which I said to him, "I don't want a free night; I just would like the staff at the hotel to be trained.")

People are "gaming" a lot of things today. It just seems to be where society has gone. Disability, social security, handicap plates, insurance fraud, etc. It seems to be acceptable to a much larger percentage of the population than in years gone by. I don't have the answer to it either, but I know people who brag that they are on SS, and/or disability, then work under the table. They develop and entitlement mentality like the state owes them. It is THEIR money. Weird.

I think I have written it poorly, but the dog crapped it's diaper (I do appreciate that she had one on the dog) halfway through a 3 hour flight, and after she did nothing about it, there was a definite "when are we getting there" all around us.

When there is freedom, there is also responsibility. The "avenger" thing was his words, not mine. I am sorry that I gave the impression that I was going up to all people that have vests on their dogs and call them out on it. I do not.

However, having been refused hotel rooms by national chains when bringing Cooper traveling with me, being refused entry into restaurants, and getting kicked out of 7-11, after spending thousands of dollars to make sure that Cooper can pass all of the tests to have the trainer write a letter (there is no authoritative need for "certification" of a Service Animal) for my work (no, they can't require one, but I had one to make things easier), I get rubbed a bit raw by those that spend $75 for a vest on a poorly behaved dog to deceive (she admitted it) under the guise of the law.

(On the hotel thing, when I called the customer support number and told them what happened, the guy on the phone actually said, "Oh crap," to which I said to him, "I don't want a free night; I just would like the staff at the hotel to be trained.")

Why not just tell the person straight out, "Yo, you need to clean your dog's ass."?:dunno:

Back