Pence plane Skids Off New York Runway

You sure about that? That's an average of only 27 passengers in each of those 9 planes.
I suspect there's some more sophisticated stat calcs being applied to arrive at their figure.

You may be right as I did not watch the entire marketing video nor look up their stats however I believe many of those 9 aircraft were business jets that hold far fewer than 27 pax each. But for right now. I'm too lazy and too busy making assumptions to do the research. ;)

The places EMAS are installed are usually for a reason.
Telluride for example.

They installed EMAS at MDW after the first Southwest overrun. Second SWA overrun there swerved at the end and went into the grass avoiding the EMAS.

N276EA is indeed a 737-8AL (one of the NG ones).

Was this flight operated by thecampaign or was this a part 135 flight?

The places EMAS are installed are usually for a reason. One in particular in my memory was a CRJ on an aborted takeoff. Just beyond the EMAS was a sharp drop that would have likely destroyed the aircraft and maybe the occupants.

This was at KCRW, which is on top of two mountains. I think they had set flaps at 8* vs 20* or maybe failed to set anyway. During TO roll they realized they had the wrong flap setting and tried to lower them to 20* but ran out of runway and went into the EMAS, which stopped it from going downhill.

On January 19, 2010 PSA Airlines Canadair CRJ-200 N246PS on flight 2495 to Charlotte, North Carolina on behalf of US Airways with 30 passengers and 3 crew, overran the runway following a rejected take-off at 16:13 local time (21:13 UTC). The aircraft was stopped by the EMAS at the end of the runway, sustaining substantial damage to its undercarriage.[14]

upload_2016-10-29_19-46-0.png

This was at KCRW, which is on top of two mountains. I think they had set flaps at 8* vs 20* or maybe failed to set anyway. During TO roll they realized they had the wrong flap setting and tried to lower them to 20* but ran out of runway and went into the EMAS, which stopped it from going downhill.

On January 19, 2010 PSA Airlines Canadair CRJ-200 N246PS on flight 2495 to Charlotte, North Carolina on behalf of US Airways with 30 passengers and 3 crew, overran the runway following a rejected take-off at 16:13 local time (21:13 UTC). The aircraft was stopped by the EMAS at the end of the runway, sustaining substantial damage to its undercarriage.[14]

View attachment 48813

Good thing this happened before the EMAS slid down the hill in a landslide in 2015:

KCRW_EMAS.jpg EMAS slid down the

well, one thing we likely learned from this incident is that Pence can't count. He said that emergency responders did a great job and were at the plane within 10 seconds!

Really?

I find that quite hard to believe unless the plane slid into their building.

Back