Pedal extension question

Anyone have experience with these?
Considering they're for a specific type helicopter I doubt most here have any experience with them. Have only seen them used in a B206. Most pilots didn't care for how they changed the pedal travel geometry--except that is for the real short guys who didn't need a booster cushion anymore.;)

Hey, I’m one of them short guys that could use them! :D Guys at work hate it because I leave the pedals all the way back. Recently dropped them one notch on the slider as well. Guess my legs are shrinking.

Last edited:
Just don't call them "rudders"...

how do they change the geometry?
From what I recall it changed the travel arc of the pedals which the pilots didn't care for especially during heavy pedal turns. However, once Bell came out with adjustable pedals for the 407 in the 2000s, like the ones in V173's pic, that became the preferred upgrade once the Tech Bulletin was released. I think there is also a TB to install the newer 407 pedals in a 206 as well. You have a 206 or 407? Perhaps have V173 measure his pedals most forward position to the aft mount bolt on the pedal support assy. 206/407 use same support assy so you should be able to compare dimensions. I'm pretty sure the new pedals give more leg room but don't remember the details.

From what I recall it changed the travel arc of the pedals which the pilots didn't care for especially during heavy pedal turns. However, once Bell came out with adjustable pedals for the 407 in the 2000s, like the ones in V173's pic, that became the preferred upgrade once the Tech Bulletin was released. I think there is also a TB to install the newer 407 pedals in a 206 as well. You have a 206 or 407? Perhaps have V173 measure his pedals most forward position to the aft mount bolt on the pedal support assy. 206/407 use same support assy so you should be able to compare dimensions. I'm pretty sure the new pedals give more leg room but don't remember the details.
OH-58. So kinda a 206. I’ll look for that tech bulletin. Thanks for the heads up on it...

Back