Peach State Aerodrome

No, you seem to be the next-to-last to know. Looks pretty cool. Wonder if they'll let non-antique airplanes land there?

I can still drive to work from there. I'm going to go check out the lots for sale. ;)

I haven't been there yet, but I know a few people who have and said the restaurant is pretty good. Sounds like a good fly-in location to me.

I thought your name looked familiar. Mike M gave me my last flight review. My wife is taking Hutch's pinch hitter course. Everyone at Superior is very nice and professional.:)

It is a great place to work. Everyone has a great attitude towards combining safe flight training with fun.

Sounds like a great place to visit! If anyone finds out if they allow something a bit newer, post it here.

Actually, it sounds like a good place to meet on a Saturday for the first gathering of the new GPA.

I think they allow any type of aircraft. There are commercial bussinesses located on the field so I can't imagine them restricting traffic to antique only. I went to the website of Barnstormers Workshop and they say they offer maintenance services on antique and late model aircraft.

Folks I fly there quite a bit. My first true soft-field was there with my former instructor. I was just there for lunch with the flight school owner about two weeks ago.

EVERYONE is welcome, all planes, all pilots.

They are currently building an airport community around it, but as Dave stated, it is a public use airport.

IF you fly in during the summer though just know that it does have a slight rise going in one direction and you will want to be on-top of your W&B.

The food is good, the people friendly.

We need to plan a Georgia Pilots Association meet during one of their fly-ins this spring. All sorts of really cool airplanes come in (you will see flights of 6-8 Stearmans, there was even a Staggerwing there one time!).

Richard, you will be in sticker shock when you hear the prices! I considered it (for a VERY short time).

Like Tom said, it is a fun place to go. The bar-b-que on Saturday can't be beat! There used to be a glider school there. I'm not sure if it is still active.

I have landed there in my Cessna a few times. You have to pay VERY close attention to the lay of the ground and the trees. The runway is on a pretty good hill. I know of several accidents there within the past two years.

Back