PDK clubs?

dwalt

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DWalt
PDK clubs or partnerships?

Anyone know of any good clubs at PDK? I've been renting from my flight school, but now that I've got my ticket I'm thinking that a club may be a better way to go.

If anyone knows of anybody who's look for a partner, I'd be interested as well...any possible connections are much appreciated :).

Last edited:
I searched (online only) for clubs in the ATL area a while back and the only thing I found were FBOs that had 'club' rates - pay a monthly 'membership' fee and get a discount on rental rates.

Maybe someone has better 'insider' info for PDK in particular. I find it hard to believe that a metro area as big as ATL wouldn't have at least one 'partial owner' type club at one of the outlying airports.

Good luck!

IIRC, Georgia Tech's Yellow Jacket Flying Club is based at PDK, but you must be either a student or alumnus to join. I looked into it about 10 years ago and it seemed to be a pretty good deal, but I never joined...

IIRC, Georgia Tech's Yellow Jacket Flying Club is based at PDK, but you must be either a student or alumnus to join. I looked into it about 10 years ago and it seemed to be a pretty good deal, but I never joined...

I actually came across that in my search, but it looks like since I'm neither a student nor alumnus from Tech, I'm SOL...too bad Emory doesn't have a club :sigh:.

I fly out of KPDK with Skybound. They have better planes and rates than my school back at KRYY. They also seem to be the most competitive rates versus any other KPDK school.

They have no membership fees, no minimums, no fuel surcharge, overnights permitted, etc. Almost zero restrictions.

Their Archers, 180HP 172N, 172SP, and Cirrus are great planes. The normal 172N is a death trap. Good engine, but avionics are all messed up. I haven't flown the Warrior II or the Super Decathlon.

I have been DYING to join or start a club. Maybe a partnership????

Did you ever end up finding a club or partnership? I'm in a partnership but we just listed our plane for sale.

I am in a partnership based out of PDK flying a Grumman Tiger.

I'm in a partnership on a Cherokee at PDK, but would still consider joining a club, if one were getting started up.

I know of a Bonanza club at PDK. Pretty steep to get in I believe.

If you're willing to venture away from PDK, here's a suggestion. Both LZU and CVC have EAA breakfasts once a month on Saturdays (and fortunately not the same Saturday). These are good places to network for partners and clubs.
One thing about aviation, whether it's jobs, airplanes for sale, partnerships, clubs, whatever...the good ones aren't advertised. It's a word-of-mouth world.

Back