PC 12 down in Nevada - 5 Fatalities

however, speculation or otherwise, it gets us thinking about the cause of an accident and how we,as individuals, could avoid duplicating the circumstances leading to the accident
I am interested in learning about the various realistic and plausible ways the flight may have ended badly and how I can mitigate all of those various possibilities where possible.
The actual sequence of events which lead to this outcome may be determined by NTSB but all of the possibilities may have beneficial learning information for me.

I am interested in learning about the various realistic and plausible ways the flight may have ended badly and how I can mitigate all of those various possibilities where possible.
The actual sequence of events which lead to this outcome may be determined by NTSB but all of the possibilities may have beneficial learning information for me.
In addition to what's been discussed here, the video in post #110 provides a summary of possibilities.

Then the plane didn't make one big turn as it descended, but instead came down spinning like a maple seed while traveling a 360° arc to the right?

The flat spin was the result of the in-flight structural breakup. Perhaps I was not sufficiently clear in my Post #115 above, but the structural breakup was due to exceeding Vne in a spiral dive. Take a look at the video presented by the AOPA Air Safety Institute in Post #110 above and the ADS-B Exchange flight track.

At this time, none of us really knows what happened during the final flight of N273SM, so we're all dealing in speculation/opinion. What is your opinion as to the cause of this crash?

What is your opinion as to the cause of this crash?
I have no opinion because I don't have enough facts. It looks to me like the plane started losing altitude and turning very quickly, 1,100 feet in ten seconds. That's hard to do intentionally with a good airplane, maybe not too hard without a tail.

Back