Password Win 10

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
In setting up my wife's new computer I was forced to add a password. There was no way past the screen without adding the password.

I leave the computer for a bit and it goes to sleep. Upon wakeup I must enter the password.

The next screen says due to suspicious activity I must enter a code obtained from email!
)(*&)()^&^%T (cursing)

Since I'm locked out how can I obtain a code from email? The alternate says to go to the internet!
Once again I'm locked out of the computer.

How can I eliminate the password requirement? I upgraded to 10 from 7 on my computer and never
had to add a password.

In setting up my wife's new computer I was forced to add a password. There was no way past the screen without adding the password.

I leave the computer for a bit and it goes to sleep. Upon wakeup I must enter the password.

The next screen says due to suspicious activity I must enter a code obtained from email!
)(*&)()^&^%T (cursing)

Since I'm locked out how can I obtain a code from email? The alternate says to go to the internet!
Once again I'm locked out of the computer.

How can I eliminate the password requirement? I upgraded to 10 from 7 on my computer and never
had to add a password.
I dunno. I set up mine on a 7 to 10 upgrade without having to put in a password like you on yours. That ya gotta get a code from email sounds suspicious to me. Sorry i'm no help, but on the lighter side..

No pw here (win10 on Lenovo laptop)
I do know that on my wife's MacbookPro when we went through this, at the point where it "insists" on a pw, we just clicked Enter instead of entering a pw.
Now when she logs on it asks for a pw and she simply clicks "enter".
Maybe you can remove the pw requirement and get it to do this.
Have you googled it? (or maybe you don't have a second puter?)

Sounds like you might have accidentally added a Microsoft account. There are ways to delink it(google might be helpful). But for anyone else, during any install of Windows 10, don't give it an internet connection. Let it do it's thing and when it says "hey, setup your microsoft account, we need internet" tell it to **** off.

This might be useful: https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-setup-windows-10-without-a-microsoft-account/

I got it taken care of. :)
netplwiz was the answer thanks to Google.
Microsoft has really gotten to be a royal pain in the butt. :mad:

Yup. Yesterday Windows attempted to force me to switch from Google to Edge as my browser of choice. The apparent only way out was to kill Edge in Task Manager.

I've tried Linux - but on an outdated (slow) laptop. So far I haven't been impressed with it.

Dave.

Yup. Yesterday Windows attempted to force me to switch from Google to Edge as my browser of choice. The apparent only way out was to kill Edge in Task Manager. Dave.
Yep Wall to wall ad with no "X" only option is Task manager or accept Edge.
I'm really getting to hate MS.

You're about 40 years late getting on the hate MS bandwagon.

Yup. Yesterday Windows attempted to force me to switch from Google to Edge as my browser of choice. The apparent only way out was to kill Edge in Task Manager.

I've tried Linux - but on an outdated (slow) laptop. So far I haven't been impressed with it.

Dave.
Just another datapoint: I love it. Edge has "Collections" which are very convenient for me.

Back