Passengers can't hear me, but I can hear them.

Mark D

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Crash812
I have a Sigtronics SPA-400 4-place intercom. No problems on the last flight up to shutdown. Tonight, I could hear my passengers, but they could not hear me or the radio, nor each other, or themselves in their ear phones. All plugs were double checked, all radios and main power cycled to no avail. I could transmit on the radio and hear back without issues.
Any troubleshooting advice from anyone who has had similar issues with their com?

First thing I always do, get some electronic cleaner, pull the box, spray the connections, reseat the box.

I found a broken lead wire at the co-pilot jack for the headset input. Of course the other passenger jacks are wired to this jack, so problem solved! luckily it was not an expensive in-depth fix, but a 10-min solder job.

Found a broken wire at the co-pilot's headset plug which is the main lead from the comm that branches off to the other two passengers from there. Quick fix!

By the thread title, I thought your workplace had similar management to where I work.

hell, he was describing married with children afaic......

Back