Passenger goes all knifey-spoony on flight attendant

Looks like a training video. Not that the 80 y/o granny needs to get involved, but there are enough able bodied persons that will. Yes, I realize most have problems upstairs, maybe diagnosed with ADHD as a kid?

Anyway, that’s all for later, right now, get help & hog-tie him. Since he had a weapon, if he gets roughed up some in the process, no biggie.

I have to say that it's kinda silly to be worried about someone else killing you if you were about to jump out of an airplane and kill yourself...but I digress. Did stuff like this used to happen so often? It sure seems like there's been a significant uptick, but maybe it's just that no one used to talk about it.

it's kinda silly to be worried about someone else killing you if you were about to jump out of an airplane and kill yourself
Are you sure that's why he was trying to open the door?
GettyImages-145710946-1200x915.jpg

Well ... open the door and let the man out ...

Looks like a training video. Not that the 80 y/o granny needs to get involved, but there are enough able bodied persons that will. Yes, I realize most have problems upstairs, maybe diagnosed with ADHD as a kid?

Anyway, that’s all for later, right now, get help & hog-tie him. Since he had a weapon, if he gets roughed up some in the process, no biggie.

It doesn't get mentioned often, but I believe the collective security provided by passengers is an important tool in stopping attacks on commercial aircraft. I'm actually surprised it took so long for a few of them to react considering what the subject was saying.

It doesn't get mentioned often, but I believe the collective security provided by passengers is an important tool in stopping attacks on commercial aircraft. I'm actually surprised it took so long for a few of them to react considering what the subject was saying.

I agree and yet I've been taught that as a bystander one should wait until the threat is real and then act quickly. As long as he's just flapping his gums and making noise he should be monitored closely. Once he makes a move to cause harm to anyone those nearby should move immediately to use enough force to eliminate the threat.

Sometimes that's just a good whack on the head and sometimes it can be the end of a life. No, we don't want to injure/kill anyone but until the threat is eliminated the action to stop the idiot must continue.

I'm remined of this horrible scenario that played out on a FedEx plane:

I agree and yet I've been taught that as a bystander one should wait until the threat is real and then act quickly. As long as he's just flapping his gums and making noise he should be monitored closely. Once he makes a move to cause harm to anyone those nearby should move immediately to use enough force to eliminate the threat.

Sometimes that's just a good whack on the head and sometimes it can be the end of a life. No, we don't want to injure/kill anyone but until the threat is eliminated the action to stop the idiot must continue.

I'm remined of this horrible scenario that played out on a FedEx plane:

I remember that one, it was brutal. The pilots were so badly injured that they couldn’t fly for hire again. Amazing that they could land the plane.

Back