Passenger carrying drone to launch in Dubai this July

Cool. Is it flown by some guy with a giant transmitter? :)

I wonder what it'll sound like. I'm not a fan of the "Beehive" sound of model drones.

Last edited:
Who's going to "volunteer" to be the first passenger?

Dubai has such a pleasant atmosphere too, cool and never any sand storms. I'm sure it'll work out just great.

Stupid. Who looked at a helicopter and said

"you know, what if we took the main rotor which provides lift but is also safe when the engine quits and let's put them out on the corners. That way when one of them fails it will most certainly cause a hideous accident!"

Stupid. Who looked at a helicopter and said

"you know, what if we took the main rotor which provides lift but is also safe when the engine quits and let's put them out on the corners. That way when one of them fails it will most certainly cause a hideous accident!"
And let's add 4 more to double the odds of a failure.

Look at the bright side: your captain won't show up out of uniform ranting about Trump, Clinton and a recent divorce...
True. And needing to have 4 of them on the ground charging just to keep 1 in the air at all times (2 hours charge for 30 minutes flying) means the one you fly in probably won't have many hours on it.

Well, that and the fact that any mechanical failure is likely to total the aircraft.

It has ZERO autorotation ability.
Well, to be fair, it's probably not ZERO. If one blades stops spinning for some reason, I'll bet that sum-***** will rotate like crazy. Just not around the axis you'd want it to.

FF to 3:50 to see what I mean

Look at the bright side: your captain won't show up out of uniform ranting about Trump, Clinton and a recent divorce...but will be ranting about infidels,having one of their seven wives beheaded in the streets for showing her ankle last Thursday at the market and how their new Mercedes didn't have an option for gold plated valve covers
Fixed!

Back