Passed my written!!

mulligan

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mulligan
Got my 3rd class medical done early and out of the way. 10/01/2015 with no SI's. Not bad for a road hard put up wet 43 year old.

Weather in BHM has been horrible to find training time so I hit the books. Someone on the board recommended Dauntless and it worked well for me as a test practice tool. Took the exam yesterday and got a 92.

Now it is just a game of chess between me and the weather while I try to find more VFR opportunities to fly in and build my hours and experience to tackle the check ride :yesnod:

Yep, good job. Just continue to do your homework even though the written is behind you.

My advice - go up on VFR days that may be a bit windy. I flew on "nice" days most of my private training and the day of my check ride was a 15G24 kt quartering headwind.

I passed but was more worried about the wind than the things I should have been thinking about.

A www man, you overdid it by 22%!!

Now go commit some aviation, young man!

My advice - go up on VFR days that may be a bit windy. I flew on "nice" days most of my private training and the day of my check ride was a 15G24 kt quartering headwind.

I passed but was more worried about the wind than the things I should have been thinking about.

By all means. Tell your instructor you want to fly on windy days. When you get those TOL's mastered your confidence will take off. Nice going!

Back