PASSED my Checkride on Saturday!!

Owad1971

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Owad1971
Good morning All!

The day finally came when my Instructor felt I was ready. I spent all week charflying my maneuvers, reading through the PTS 9again, and again)- Re-Reading, Tabing and Indexing the FAR/AIM, POH, PHOK & AFH....

Then plotting my x-country three times with different winds/Wx considerations on different days-
Yeah sounds neurotic, but the weather Sucked last week so no chance for a last minute practice flight after work :(- Hey You do what you can with what you got right?!?!?!?!

Saturday Was a Great DAY!!!

My DPE was easy to relate to! He did a fantastic job of easing any pre-ride jitters! His oral exam demeanor was professional. He was clear in what he asked, and I was clear in explaining each knwoledge area to the best of my understanding....

I will post a detailed step by step later...but let me say...the journey was long, sometimes painful, sometimes frustrating (weather, personal preformance, work obligations..etc.)...BUT TODAY:

IT Feels GOOD to Be a Private PILOT!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

yeah man, congrats!!! there are a lot of highs and lows during training, but the highs trump the lows big time.

Instruments next....but not right away. I want to enjoy/ learn as I build hours with pleasure flights for my family and friends who supported my absentee weekends during my training days. Y'all know how it goes.

Tip the House FIRST!
Organizing my write-up now...look for it in abt a day or so.

Congrats. Now, go use that license to learn.

I'd suggest a flight with an instructor at max gross with an aft (in limits) CG, prior to cramming the family in there, but a lot of people skip that step.

Congrats man! Now don't do what most people do and stop flying and let their certificate rot in their wallet. Keep flying and keep learning.

Congrats ,good job,take some time to enjoy the experience. You got the cert to fly ,so go fly.

Awesome, I recall some of your posts during training. Glad to hear the happy ending!

Instruments next....but not right away. I want to enjoy/ learn as I build hours with pleasure flights for my family and friends who supported my absentee weekends during my training days. Y'all know how it goes.

Tip the House FIRST!

A few weekends in a row with bad weather will make you go get that IR.

Tip the House FIRST!

Congratulations !

Don't be too disappointed if some of family and friends change their mind about going flying .
Have fun and be safe .:cheers:

Congratulations!! I will be right on your tail in a month or two!

Congrats. Just passed end of December. Just got card in mail today.

Congrats Pilot...Its a great feeling and a great achievement :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back