Passed my CFI-A Checkride!!!!

av8tr24

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
av8tr24
Finally finished my CFI-A ride! So incredibly relieved! Passed on the first try too!

Had to discontinue the ride twice, but was finally able to finish the flight today. Initial was on 4/28, and the oral lasted 6.5 hours. Not to mention, I've been doing my training in Long Beach, CA, but live in FL. Had to fly to MN for my grandmother's funeral on 4/29, so was under tremendous pressure. Then flew home to FL for my best friend's wedding, which I was in. Came back out for another 5 days last week, and scheduled the flight for Friday 5/8, but had to cancel for weather. Flew back home to FL the next day, then flew back out here to CA on Tuesday, with the ride scheduled for today (Wed). After the flight was over and I had gone through the shutdown checklist, she said "So are you ready to be a CFI?". Best question ever :goofy:

My ride was up in Bakersfield with Donna Webster. She is awesome, a true professional and really does a fantastic job of putting the applicant at ease. I feel like a better pilot after the whole experience, and talking with her. Highly recommended if you can get a checkride with her, truly a great experience. She also instructs, so if you're in the area, check out Bakersfield Flying Club.

Congrats! I'll have to look her up. I'm a few months behind you.

Congratulations. You're an inspiration!

I was flying through Bakersfield once and spent some time at BFC. Looked like a nice place. Congrats on the CFI

Well done I hope to be taking mine one day in the far future

Congrats! I took my multi and CFI ride a day apart, so I understand! It's not an easy ride, be proud of yourself and got pass on the joy of flying!

Outstanding, an incredible accomplishment. Now it's your turn to "be the man".

Back