Passed FAA checkride!!!

Legiox

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
RatherBflying
Oh yeah!!! Holy crap i was nervous, but the examiner was awsome and made me feel relaxed. Heck, on the last landing before the full stop, he let me put on his high-end Bose headset and let me listen to some good 90's music..hahah.
This is surreal. Still doesnt feel like i have a license now. Been at it for 7 months. Already going to schedule a belated fathers day flight around town with my dad next weekend. WOOT!!!!!!!!:goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

Oh yeah!!! Holy crap i was nervous, but the examiner was awsome and made me feel relaxed. Heck, on the last landing before the full stop, he let me put on his high-end Bose headset and let me listen to some good 90's music..hahah.
This is surreal. Still doesnt feel like i have a license now. Been at it for 7 months. Already going to schedule a belated fathers day flight around town with my dad next weekend. WOOT!!!!!!!!:goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

I am so happy to hear he did something cool like that. I own a $180 (new) piece of crap headset and I remember the first time I wore a fancy one and heard music cut out when ATC talked. Very neat. Good that he also relaxed you - for me, I thought I was hanging out with my best buddy during the oral and the ride. He was stern when he needed to be, and criticized many of my test items - but they were within spec. However, he made me feel comfortable.

Feels great when you land and the examiner hasn't said anything nasty like "you failed". Cause then you know you've passed. Congratulations, pilot!

I thought he would gig me on 1 landing. He wanted me to do a soft field landing.. I came in way to high (noticed right from the start) and starting slipping the plane to lose alt and speed quickly (without going under 60IAS). I still noticed i was to high and would not reach the 1,000 ft marker like he wanted me to. I gave full throttle and stated i wasnt comfortable with the landing and im doing a go around. Needless to say i nailed the next one. All he said was...well that checks off go-arounds..haha

Last edited:
Good call on the GA. Congrats.

Have my license. Now it's time to pay off the debt...LOL

I thought he would gig me on 1 landing. He wanted me to do a soft field landing.. I came in way to high (noticed right from the start) and starting slipping the plane to lose alt and speed quickly (without going under 60IAS). I still noticed i was to high and would not reach the 1,000 ft marker like he wanted me to. I gave full throttle and stated i wasnt comfortable with the landing and im doing a go around. Needless to say i nailed the next one. All he said was...well that checks off go-arounds..haha

Funny thing, I seem to recall doing the same thing on my PP checkride many moons ago, with the DPE saying about the same thing. :D

You're gonna get the best nights sleep of your life tonight, which is ironic because last night's was your worst.

Congratulations! I'm glad all your anxiety was unwarranted, although I can certainly understand it!

Congrats!!! I got a big grin on my face while reading your post. I can only imagine how it must feel to have gotten your license after 7 months of training. For myself, I don't see the end in site, but reading posts like yours makes this "pilot thing" a bit more tangible.

Great job and go show your dad where you money went :D:D

That falls under decision making, you did not force a landing that was not setting up the way you wanted.

I really blew a turn from downwind to base to final on my PP check ride. Rolled out way wide of centerline when I under estimated the wind on my tail on base and flew the downwind too close. I went around and flew a wider pattern and nailed the turn. But still did not like the max xwind on final with mechanical turbulence.

The examiner told me I had my ticket when I did not like the first approach and did not try to salvage it, and I fixed it on the next pattern.

Congrats!

Congratulations Pilot! Hmmm...I have a Bose headset and it doesn't play 90s music...

Have my license. Now it's time to pay off the debt...LOL
Congratulations on getting the certificate. It's a license to learn but a pilots certificate. :)

For myself, I don't see the end in site, but reading posts like yours makes this "pilot thing" a bit more tangible.

Neither did I, but if an idiot like me did it, anyone can :wink2:

It took me over a year and a half of training to get my license (There were a few months where I didn't fly at all). Thankfully I never got rusty - I'm now flying atleast once a week.

Just stick with it!

Schweeeeet! Way to go.

Enjoy the wave of the awesome feeling I'm sure you have right now! Stay safe and keep on flying!

Feels great when you land and the examiner hasn't said anything nasty like "you failed". Cause then you know you've passed. Congratulations, pilot!

No one ever told me that one back when I took my check ride, I finally got the nerve to ask after we taxied back and got out of the plane, he answered that I had passed the check ride a long time ago, he just wanted to stay up a little longer.

Back