Passed Checkride

Catalo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Catalo
I passed my instrument checkride yesterday. Was a 3 and a half hour long ago and 1.8 in my logbook.
Started the oral at around 12pm we went over the pave model no issues. We went through the maintenance logs and she asked how to perform a vor check and the differences you can have with the type of check. Next came the flight plan. I was planning from Kdpa to kgrr. No real issues with my plan but my tas was off by a few knots. No big deal she asked how that would change my times and everything i answered that and she let it go that i had messed up. looking over my flight plan she started asking questions about symbols on the low enroute. I've been studying those like crazy so it was a piece of cake. Then came approach charts. That was about an hour and a half of looking at symbols asking what they meant when you be established on final on certain approaches. procedural stuff about approaches. over all it was a long but fairly easy oral. the flight portion was a breeze. Went to an airport a few miles away Shot an rnav with a procedure turn to full missed. Then set up for an ils single engine back into the airport. Those both went great next came unusual attitudes those weren't very difficult. Then we shot the vor 10 back into kdpa and the check ride was over. Over all it was a 6 hour day but it was a great feeling to have that temporary handed to me

Congratulations. Huge accomplishment!

It was a multi engine instrument ride. And Im currently at atp in chicago so I fly pretty much everyday I can that helps alot. If you come in and need hours they have a time build with an instructor.

It was a multi engine instrument ride. And Im currently at atp in chicago so I fly pretty much everyday I can that helps alot. If you come in and need hours they have a time build with an instructor.
Cool! Congrats on the pass!

Back