Passed ASEL Private Pilot Checkride

EricVKX

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
EricVKX
Just wanted to share that I passed my Check Ride this past Friday and had a excellent experience with the DPE Gerry Knouff at Shannon Airport(KEZF.) I did my private pilot training at H&J Aviation at Potomac Airfield(KVKX)

Gerry was very professional and knowledgable. I came into the checkride with 59 hours with extra time in all the requirements - I was in no rush to complete my checkride on minimum hours. Oral portion was fair and we covered the missed portions on my written exam - so definitely take the written seriously to have a better oral experience. We reviewed airport markings, my cross country plan and weather briefings.

Next we went to the plane and I did my pre-flight as I normally would and used the checklist to verify I covered everything. Next was my passenger brief before the flight - which was a very important topic for the DPE, and he recommended to tell my CFI to add it to the checklist so students can flow through it easier. The flying portion was simple an painless, we started off ony my cross country and he quizzed me on my position and then deviated the flight to the practice area. Clearing turns, steep turns, power on/off stalls, turns about a point, emergency procedures and then off to the airport for landing, short/soft field landings/takeoffs and go-arounds.

Congrats, pilot!! Enjoy the next few flights without the pressure of a checkride!

Yep I took a flight on Saturday and Sunday - enjoyed not having to get signed off for the two new airports!

Congratulations!!

Who was, or will be your first passenger? That is the real question.

I guess technically my first Passenger was the DPE (according to him) But I took my 10yr old Son on a Flight Saturday.

DPE doesn't count in my book (technically yes, but not the question I was asking).

Taking your son sounds like a great use of your ticket!!

Congratulations again!!

YES!! Congrats!! Keep learning and improving- I just spent a good two hours doing a lot of those same maneuvers and takeoffs/landings that you're probably tired of by now to keep exercising those brain muscles and I've flown about 30 hours since getting my ticket in February.

You'll never forget that first flight with your son! You've earned it- go enjoy it!

Congratulations! I checked my (then) 9 year old son out of school to go fly with me the day I got my ticket. Great memories, you are doing it right!

Congratulations. I have my ticket for 2 weeks now.

Just wanted to share that I passed my Check Ride this past Friday and had a excellent experience with the DPE Gerry Knouff at Shannon Airport(KEZF.) I did my private pilot training at H&J Aviation at Potomac Airfield(KVKX)

Gerry was very professional and knowledgable. I came into the checkride with 59 hours with extra time in all the requirements - I was in no rush to complete my checkride on minimum hours. Oral portion was fair and we covered the missed portions on my written exam - so definitely take the written seriously to have a better oral experience. We reviewed airport markings, my cross country plan and weather briefings.

Next we went to the plane and I did my pre-flight as I normally would and used the checklist to verify I covered everything. Next was my passenger brief before the flight - which was a very important topic for the DPE, and he recommended to tell my CFI to add it to the checklist so students can flow through it easier. The flying portion was simple an painless, we started off ony my cross country and he quizzed me on my position and then deviated the flight to the practice area. Clearing turns, steep turns, power on/off stalls, turns about a point, emergency procedures and then off to the airport for landing, short/soft field landings/takeoffs and go-arounds.
Congrats! Sounds like you had a pleasant check ride! (as pleasant as check rides can be anyway)

Congratulations.

What did your 10 year old son think of it?

Back