Passed 2nd class...Basicmed?

saddletramp

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
saddletramp
Yesterday, I took my second class physical & passed it with flying colors. To many of you that's not a big deal but when you get in your early 60s you begin to fear that the Doc will find "something".

Since I use a CPAP, I have to show proof of compliance. No problem, I have an annual print out.

When the exam was completed the AME asked if I had considered Basicmed. I told him that even though I could fly with a Basicmed in my glider business I opted to keep my second class in case I needed to use my CPL. I could ferry aircraft & be paid etc.

I don't know. Maybe a year from now I'll just do the Basicmed. I can still flight instruct in airplanes & I don't need a medical for my glider flying.

Just pondering.

I don't know. Maybe a year from now I'll just do the Basicmed
Did my FR this year and had basic med because there was no AME available. Well he was on vacation till this fall, not working. One AME in town. The CFI suggested I get my 3rd class renewed, when the DOC goes back to work this fall. I'm considering getting the 3rd class renewed.

Just did my 2nd class medical as well, I end up ferrying about 1 airplane per year. But I might be the last year I do that just because of the Basic Med. I may just limit my ferrying to instructional flights which is usually the buyer or seller of the aircraft.
Of course CFI and glider towing I can all Do under Basic Med.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

Just did my 2nd class medical as well, I end up ferrying about 1 airplane per year. But I might be the last year I do that just because of the Basic Med. I may just limit my ferrying to instructional flights which is usually the buyer or seller of the aircraft.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

You should come up to Walla Walla sometime & soar with us.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL
Watch for the BasicMed "safety pilot anomaly" which also applies to CFIs. I decided to renew my third class specifically because I give instrument recurrency training in aircraft in which I won’t act as PIC because I am not an insurance approved pilot or covered by the open pilot warranty (or the owner chooses to retain PIC status). If that doesn’t apply to your situation, great.

Just downgraded my class 2 to a class 3. Now that I'm over 70 don't have much need for the class 2. Have been giving some thought to going light sport.

You should never go to an FAA exam you don't know you are going to pass . . .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back