Part of our tail is missing...

Steve

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly Right
Anyone know the story behind this?

Picture1-1.jpg

Holy crap. No, but he's lucky he kept what bit of his elevator is there! Assuming it still moves.

I can imagine the conversation with the AC when he got back on the plane, "Uhhh, hey boss, I need you to take a look at something. No seriously, now!"

"Sources say aircraft "1506" suffered structural damage after its crew performed a 4g manoeuvre to avoid a collision with a mountain and struck tree tops. The incident is believed to have followed false indications from flight instruments, they claim."

Yikes.

You maybe you were flying it!!! :yikes::yikes:

You have a habit of having parts of wings fall off in flight!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:D

That's nothing, compared to losing most of the elevator... that must have been a very quiet ride home, and a most interesting approach and landing.
:eek:

:D
That's nothing, compared to losing most of the elevator... that must have been a very quiet ride home, and a most interesting approach and landing.
:eek:
Oh, I don't know. May not have made any difference...good pilots never miss a piece of tail.

Ron Wanttaja

Some more pics

Seems it made a hard landing, too, after flying through trees.

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

That'll buff right out...

JEEBUS!

Those Herky birds can sure take a beating though!

There was a book back in the 1960s called "The Long Arm of America" that was all about the C-130. Martin Caidin may have written it. I remember reading it in high school. Old enough book that the C-141 was still coming at the time it was written. Loaded with stories of stuff that happened to C-130s that made it look like a super plane. Had a piece of road equipment (bulldozer?) get loose and go out through the side over the main gear. Plane landed safely. Stuff like that. Heck of an airplane.

Back