Part 91 jobs in dalllas area?

I'd guess corporate but you'd have to go beat on their doors and get known, or know someone.

https://www.usaviationacademy.com/careers/ for some opportunities in Denton.

Also, join the North Texas Aviators Facebook page to make some network connections. Lots of good folk there that know someone who knows someone who is hiring.

What am I missing here? Part 91 and 'job' don't sound right unless you are working for free

??? So they are flying airplanes around without property or passengers in them?
????????????????
Company buys plane, hires pilot. Pilot flies plane carrying company employees and/or goods. What part of the regs do you think they operate under?

????????????????
Company buys plane, hires pilot. Pilot flies plane carrying company employees and/or goods. What part of the regs do you think they operate under?
I'd have thought 135. It looks like if the owner of the plane isn't charging the passengers for the ride then it's ok. I just figured if there's a passenger back there and you are getting paid to fly the plane then you are 'being compensated' to fly a passenger. I figured wrong.

??? So they are flying airplanes around without property or passengers in them?
Pilot must still have commercial or airline transport grade certificate to receive compensation, but you can still operate corporate flight departments part 91.

It's not a charter service.

Which means no defined rest periods, flight days, and a host of other things they can hose you on.

I'm not big on government regulation in general, but I thank the Lord for the built in protections of 121 flying.

What am I missing here? Part 91 and 'job' don't sound right unless you are working for free
In addition to what others wrote, flight instruction, sightseeing, pipeline patrol, banner towing, traffic survey, aerial photography, are all part 91 ops. Only when you fly people or property to a destination for hire do you get into the 121/135 world.

In addition to what others wrote, flight instruction, sightseeing, pipeline patrol, banner towing, traffic survey, aerial photography, are all part 91 ops. Only when you fly people or property to a destination for hire do you get into the 121/135 world.
Got it. Looking at Pilot certification and not running an operation, which require a Commercial ticket. I know there are specific FAR's that allow Private's to tow gliders. Which, if any, of the others allow you to get paid to fly? I'd think sightseeing would be a no-no.

Got it. Looking at Pilot certification and not running an operation, which require a Commercial ticket. I know there are specific FAR's that allow Private's to tow gliders. Which, if any, of the others allow you to get paid to fly? I'd think sightseeing would be a no-no.
Sightseeing is day VFR within a limited distance from base and must return to departure point. Might need a letter of authorization under part 91 but that’s about it.

61.113 tells you exactly what you can do as a private pilot for compensation.

Back