Parking in New York City (in 1 hr)

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I'm gonna be stopping in New York City to visit for a while tonight, but since I'm on wheels, where do I park at so I can walk around and visit the city? If anyone can get back to me within an hour, I'd appreciate it.

Why not just take the Subway/LIRR/etc. into town? Seems easier.

AirBaker said:
Why not just take the Subway/LIRR/etc. into town? Seems easier.

OK Fine, I'll take the subway into town. Where do I park to take the subway into town.

Yo,
call me if you need NYC or Boston advice!

Michael said:
I'm gonna be stopping in New York City to visit for a while tonight, but since I'm on wheels, where do I park at so I can walk around and visit the city? If anyone can get back to me within an hour, I'd appreciate it.
Walk.....in NYC?.......hahahahahahaha

Nobody walks in NYC except tourists and people of Seinfeld.

Richard said:
Walk.....in NYC?.......hahahahahahaha

Nobody walks in NYC except tourists and people of Seinfeld.
That is wrong! The Shoeleather Express is the best way around town and New Yorkers know that.

-Skip

update. I ended up parking on central park north. then taking a subway down past the park to the south, checked out times square, what a cool place!
Then, i took a cab around 2am back to the Lincoln....I thought i was gonna die!! this cabbie was screaming in and out of traffic mustve been like 100 MPH..running stop lights.. mumbleing something in arebac. Man, what a ride. i didnt know if i should kick his a$$ or thank him for not killing me. Sheesh.
Anyways, had a great time. First time in NYC,

Glad you enjoyed yourself!
I've never ridden in a cab in NYC, those guys scare me to death!
Sorry I didn't see this, last night, or else you could have parked near my place, tons of spots down here.
r

Michael said:
Then, i took a cab around 2am back to the Lincoln....I thought i was gonna die!! this cabbie was screaming in and out of traffic mustve been like 100 MPH..running stop lights.. mumbleing something in arebac. Man, what a ride. i didnt know if i should kick his a$$ or thank him for not killing me. Sheesh.

NYC traffic lights N-S are timed for 30 mph. You can also make them doing 60 mph, which is SOP for NYC cab drivers late at night. Hey, it's cheaper than a ticket to Disneyworld. If you had to deal with driving there all day/night long, you'd learn how to swear in arabic too!

Jeff

Michael said:
, checked out times square, what a cool place!

Did you check out the new Hard Rock Cafe? It's right there on Times Square. The old one was down the street from Carnegie Hall. They moved sometime last year after I was there.

Interesting city. Don't think I'd want to live there, but another visit wouldn't be bad. Still all sorts of things to see and do.

Richard said:
Michael, be sure to visit Ground Zero.

Richard, Michael and I saw the WTC site today on the way back home. Very humbling. Its so big. Still a lot of repairs to be done.

Back