Paperwork signed on this guy!

That’s a lovely G1.

I’ve seen photos of it before. They were posted by a previous owner on COPA regarding his paint and interior remodeling, and there are photos of it on the avionics shop’s site as well. It’s sort of a poster icon.

That’s a lovely G1.

I’ve seen photos of it before. They were posted by a previous owner on COPA regarding his paint and interior remodeling, and there are photos of it on the avionics shop’s site as well. It’s sort of a poster icon.
Yes.. that's the one.. previous owner who did all the work picked great finishes. Avionics upgrades are dual G650s, dfc 90 auto pilo, tLED wing tip lights, new Interior , etc..

Plane is still in great shape.. think it was all redone in 2013/14

Wait, I'm confused, weren't you looking at 4-person partnerships and flying clubs in san antonio like a month ago? Purchase and sole ownership of a -22 seems a large shift from the prior profile, nevermind as a first ownership experience. Go in eyes wide open kinda thing. At any rate, congrats and good choice. The -22 is def the automotive-conditioned wife's choice du jour. Well, some wives anyways. Mine is more of a PA-32R gal. Because weight and balance is for chumps :D jk

Btw, where are ya going to hangar that thing?

Nice plane! My favorite color too (cherry red).

No red handle joke yet??? Am surprised .

Congrats OP. She looks and I am sure "rides" awesome

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes going to start IFR pretty soon.. already started reading lol.. this is HP.. but will knock out complex with a c210 and multi in a 310 lol
Well I think you should get your HP endorsement within a few hours or so. Some irony, I have my HP endorsement and I still dont have my PPL yet! If understand correctly, the MP and prop are integrated on your plane so that should simplify things. Not sure if you have cowl flaps or not?

Are you able to get in on the factory Cirrus training that was announced a while back? That sure would be nice!

So how did find this one? It is gorgeous BTW!

Wait, I'm confused, weren't you looking at 4-person partnerships and flying clubs in san antonio like a month ago? Purchase and sole ownership of a -22 seems a large shift from the prior profile, nevermind as a first ownership experience. Go in eyes wide open kinda thing. At any rate, congrats and good choice. The -22 is def the automotive-conditioned wife's choice du jour. Well, some wives anyways. Mine is more of a PA-32R gal. Because weight and balance is for chumps :D jk

Btw, where are ya going to hangar that thing?
Yes I was looking at partnership but it was hard to find anyone and also missing out on planes while searching for partners. Will be at 5c1 :)

No red handle joke yet??? Am surprised .

Congrats OP. She looks and I am sure "rides" awesome

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
No it has red stiching on it lol

Well I think you should get your HP endorsement within a few hours or so. Some irony, I have my HP endorsement and I still dont have my PPL yet! If understand correctly, the MP and prop are integrated on your plane so that should simplify things. Not sure if you have cowl flaps or not?

Are you able to get in on the factory Cirrus training that was announced a while back? That sure would be nice!

So how did find this one? It is gorgeous BTW!
Yes cirrus will pay for csip training for 3 days.. I was just at the airparks looking for a demo ride.. and saw this plane.. got speaking to the owner and the rest is history lol

That’s awesome..you should have fun with the training..there pretty straight forward to fly just get used to the “live with the parachute” mentality. If you can set a altitude tick mark at 500 agl before you take off it will help Incase of a emergency and during the training.

That’s awesome..you should have fun with the training..there pretty straight forward to fly just get used to the “live with the parachute” mentality. If you can set a altitude tick mark at 500 agl before you take off it will help Incase of a emergency and during the training.
Thanks great tip

No not yet.. I heard of a good name for a plane.. " the office". So if the wife or anyone calls me I am busy at the office lol

d2a8034734b5ebbb3c4cd806368ea59c--office-space-quotes-office-spaces.jpg

Good idea on the name. And congrats on a sweet plane.

thats a handsome airplane! very, very jealous.

Thanks great tip

another tip is to actually tap the caps handle when you hit 500 agl and say "CAPS Active" out loud. they should teach you all this stuff..specifically during takeoff and the instructor says what would you do if your engine failed right now? chances are you will say land straight ahead in the field and avoid the obstacle the best i can. but what he or she is doing is testing you if you know your altitude because chances are your high enough for CAPS when they told you your engine has failed.

How does the caps ‘become active’ at 5 hundid feet?

How does the caps ‘become active’ at 5 hundid feet?

Minimum safe altitude for pulling. It's technically always "active" but not an option until 500ft AGL (600ft for G5 and G6 models)

So, um, what are the cons?

I know you were being facetious since the OP listed both climb and cruise improvements (mutually exclusive performance wrt prop blade count) as pros, but the answer is: Cruise speed penalty and overhaul cost. At this category of airplane cruise speed and HP, it is simply a marketing gimmick to pull 4 blades. 4-blades incur a significant drag penalty compared to two blades, Cirrus is not exempt from basic physics. The selection of composite versus homogeneous material is one of weight and balance, though I prefer the all-metal for out of sight out of mind IMC (rain) operation.

How come that lever in the center is placarded 'P R N D L?'

How come that lever in the center is placarded 'P R N D L?'

because the landing check list is pull power, add flaps as necessary, once landing on runway is confirmed pull CAPS.

i hate you guys :) haha

Just out of curiosity.... how much did this soup-to-nuts end up setting you back?

Back