Panel Powdercoating and Screenprint?

TWinter

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TWinter
I've tossed this out there on a few other forums, so far no luck finding a shop. My panel is in the middle of a upgrade.. The new panels are cut (2) and in my possession. Looking for a shop to powder-coat and screenprint the placard portion. The few shops that I have spoken with only do their own work. Can't seem to find anyone to do the job. I thought the majority of the slow process would be in the installation of avionics..not getting powdercoat and lettering. I can always go with having it painted and doing the generic stickers, but I've come this far, I'm really wanting it done right.. Any ideas on shops that would get it in and out with good quality? I'm located in west TN for what it's worth.

Thanks,
Tom

Call around the hot rod shops, probably anyone can power coat it, he screen printing though...

I know about these, not quite screen printing, but if you're good making your own placards in Photoshop, or have the files.

http://www.decalpaper.com/product-p/l825c.htm

Thanks..I'll check them out. I have a few calls out, still waiting to hear back.

-Tom

How big is the panel andhow much screen printing?

I'll get a quote worked up Monday/Tuesday

Most sheetmetal shops can powdercoat and silkscreen just about anything, but it'll cost you. I know of a few out here on the west coast, but I guarantee there are others closer to you.

I can laser engrave onto thin aluminum sheets, red and black work best. PM me if you're interested in details.

Beware of permanent markings. Any future changes to your panel will be more difficult to deal with. Add a switch, consolidate a couple of breakers... panels evolve. Permanent markings don't.

Im not sure how they did it but I took some aluminum project boxes that were factory powder coated with a rough black finish and used them to house passenger headset jacks and switches then took it to a "trophy" shop downtown and they printed directly on the part with some sort of inkjet printer, it worked great.

Im not sure how they did it but I took some aluminum project boxes that were factory powder coated with a rough black finish and used them to house passenger headset jacks and switches then took it to a "trophy" shop downtown and they printed directly on the part with some sort of inkjet printer, it worked great.

Love the karaoke switch! I assume it's some sort of joke?

That's pretty slick right there. :) It's nice to see everything coming together

The airplane is basically done but winter is coming soon and I'm debating whether or not to up the insurance and fly it or just leaving it in storage for now and buying a GTN650 before year's end.

Most vinyl shops can cut you custom lettering. If you really want to paint instead, the same machine can cut a frisket (stencil).

Looks like indelible ink. We use it to part mark parts.

I've tossed this out there on a few other forums, so far no luck finding a shop. My panel is in the middle of a upgrade.. The new panels are cut (2) and in my possession. Looking for a shop to powder-coat and screenprint the placard portion. The few shops that I have spoken with only do their own work. Can't seem to find anyone to do the job. I thought the majority of the slow process would be in the installation of avionics..not getting powdercoat and lettering. I can always go with having it painted and doing the generic stickers, but I've come this far, I'm really wanting it done right.. Any ideas on shops that would get it in and out with good quality? I'm located in west TN for what it's worth.

Thanks,
Tom
I used my laser printer with clear laminate to print all my placards for my dash. Be sure to follow the TC data sheet for proper placard wording

Back