(PAINTING) Where to get my Cherokee 180 painted?

Hangar 360 Aircraft Services, easily. He does some pretty amazing airplanes, and has an equally amazing facility.

I can tell where my plane had a basic paint job done, it is good at 20 feet. Look closer, it is peeling on the underside, control surfaces were not removed, lots of orange peel, two layers of paint. I am going to go with the best I can find.

This seems like a cherished plane, well loved and well used. Put a deposit down on a good paint job, you've got two years to figure the money out. The next guy will thank you in 30 years.

I too have heard of a guy in Mexico (Monterrey?) that paints planes for about $7k. The reviews have been good as well.

I heard the same about a guy in DR. One concern is the legality of foreign work on US plane.
Basically all of those places have FAA A&P/IAs on staff. They make their living doing this for US employees, of course they have the right people to make it legal.

Matthews aviation Yerrington, NV

probably around 13 K complete strip and paint

Did anyone else have their attention drawn when he said sanding?

Yes, I got goosebumps and the hair stood up on my neck. Sanding is a great way to TOTAL your bird in a morning.

This guy seems to do a decent job of painting airplanes.

Back