PA34 float plane

Challenged

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Challenged
PA34_Water_Landing.jpg
The Coast Guard says it rescued four people from a downed airplane in the Atchafalaya Basin Tuesday evening.

Watchstanders at the Eighth Coast Guard District command center received notification from the Federal Aviation Administration at 4:59 p.m. that a Piper PA-34 twin-engine airplane traveling from Slidell, Louisiana, to Patterson with four people on board was low on fuel.
Petty Officer 3rd Class Lora Ratliff said the airplane pilot shut down the engines to conserve fuel and was forced to make an emergency landing.

Watchstanders directed the launch of an MH-65 Dolphin helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans.
The Air Station New Orleans aircrew hoisted the survivors and transported them to Perry’s Flying Center in Patterson, Louisiana.

One person suffered a minor injury to the arm.

Read More

My dad would shut off the car engine on hills (54 Plymouth 3 on the tree) to scare us when we were kids.

I'd hate to be making that phone call.........

is that a golf bag on top of the plane? save the clubs!!!

Think the pilot forgot to turn the ballast pump on. You can see it right thar....

images

Last edited:
Missed that procedure when I was getting my multi. Pilot will probably be charged for the clean up ,of the fuel he saved.

Doesn’t appear to be floating all that well.

That's because the passengers didn't listen to the flight attendant instructions for ditching, and someone opened the rearmost door. Hope they took their seat bottom cushions for flotation. :rolleyes:

That's because the passengers didn't listen to the flight attendant instructions for ditching, and someone opened the rearmost door. Hope they took their seat bottom cushions for flotation. :rolleyes:

You mean like the FA that did that in the Hudson.... :popcorn:

While flying in a twin I always shut down both engines to conserve fuel.......

When it is parked....

So is this a spraying water into a hot engine thread or a shock cooling thread?

Back