Davisando

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
davisando
Hello everyone.

1979 PA28-181 ARCHER II
I was doing my run up today and found that on the annunciator panel check, the "alt" light didn't light up when I pushed the "test" button. I assume that it is the bulb that went dead.

I don't have an ammeter and for some reason that I still don't know, my master switch is one with the alt switch. The same. I have a cigarette lighter USB adaptar that reads out the voltage and it always shows 14.2, engine ON, that means it is charging, so I wouldn't be concern about getting that information.

I was looking online to see if I can find the part to replace the burnt light, supposed to be "67422-14" but I can't find anything online, only some used entire "annunciator panel" part "79333-00" which is very expensive $250+.

My question is.... Is it required to have that light operational for flight? Does anybody know where can I get this part, just the "alt" light, or do I have to replace the entire annunciator panel? Do I require to have the annunciator panel?

Thank you everyone for your responses.

That P/N is the entire light assembly. The bulb is I believe a 330 (if 14V), the cap with the writing should just pull out, and the bulb will be in the cap. Just grab the lip of the bulb with your fingernails and it'll pull out of the cap.

I happen to have one of these out of a pa-32 if you’re interested AME me an offer.

if I can find the part to replace the burnt light,
As mentioned above would check the bulb first. Based on your P/Ns the bulb is a 328 vs 330 per the numbers below: item 43. As to your other questions, if it is an N-reg aircraft all those items listed are technically needed to be installed and working. However, there are legal routes to fly with inoperative items.
upload_2023-4-14_20-55-52.png
upload_2023-4-14_20-59-7.png

Back