PA-28 control surfaces damage limit

frtrkap

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
frtrkap
Hi,

I am trying to find the reference that states which damages are acceptable, repairable or require replacement of the damaged skin. I have a dent on a flap that I need to address.

Thank you!

I am trying to find the reference that states which damages are acceptable, repairable or require replacement of the damaged skin.
FYI: on older GA aircraft it's mostly a judgement call on the mechanic to what is acceptable or needs repair. Piper is similar as there are no limits that I know of other than to inspect for damage and then they refer you to AC 43.13-1B for repair or contact Piper for further guidance.

This is also what I was thinking. We’ll probably inspect the dent properly then decide on further action, just trying to see if what I’ve heard was actually official.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

FYI: on older GA aircraft it's mostly a judgement call on the mechanic to what is acceptable or needs repair. Piper is similar as there are no limits that I know of other than to inspect for damage and then they refer you to AC 43.13-1B for repair or contact Piper for further guidance.
I have a few dents in mine and had started worrying about them being airworthy. My mechanic has never had a problem with them. I went through all the Piper manuals I could find looking for dent limits and couldn’t find anything. Glad you corroborated the same.

Back