PA 28-181 and the skybeacon

Pfitmx15

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Pfitmx15
I talked to uavionix a few wells ago and pre ordered the skybeacon. I talked with the rep and they said the archer would be included in the stc. Well after looking at the stc I do not see the PA 28-181 only the PA 28-180. Does this mean it will not be approved for the archer? Just curious of you guys thoughts. I thought that it would be an stc for the whole PA 28 line. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to uavionix a few wells ago and pre ordered the skybeacon. I talked with the rep and they said the archer would be included in the stc. Well after looking at the stc I do not see the PA 28-181 only the PA 28-180. Does this mean it will not be approved for the archer? Just curious of you guys thoughts. I thought that it would be an stc for the whole PA 28 line. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too was somewhat concerned about my PA28-181 not being on the AML list. Their last general consumption Email talks about the ease of use of the 337 process under the tutelage of an IA if no structural considerations exist.
Uavionix’s specific email response to me about this indicated the same emphasis, and further, that the AML list is not complete and more will be added by the end of this year.

Having noted that, my primary consideration at this time is regarding the upcoming AML list for the TailBeacon and believe the process with 337/IA would be entirely minor as my tail light is on the structure above the rudder and not in the rudder itself.

Back