OXB Pirep

Kitch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kitch
Thinking about heading down to OXB end of the month for a quick weekend trip. Any pireps on best place to stay on the beach, any must do's while there as far as food or attractions are concerned.

Depending on your transportation situation, if you have a car, I'd say go to Assateague Island. https://www.nps.gov/asis/index.htm
Weather could still be hit or miss at this time of the year.

Not much choice in car rental at the airport, one independent company with mixed reviews. Used them a couple times, never had issues, price wasn't competitive if all you wanted was a ride to the boardwalk and back, at which point it was better (and similar in cost) to do a rideshare.

When we kept our motorhome here during the summer we would rent a car from Don at the airport. Always good service and the cars were in good shape. Eventually we bought a car to keep at the airport. We sold the motorhome and car and bought our retirement home 10 years ago.

Some good restaurants:
Hobbit Great food and service, one of the better places to eat. They reopen March 20th. Make a reservation
Spain Spanish Tapas, roof top view overlooking the Bay. The restaurant sits on top of the Cambria hotel. Make a reservation
Restorante Antipasti Good Italian food.
Papis Tacos Mexican food - Good tacos!

Hotels - I live here so I can't help with hotels. There are plenty of new places along RT 50. Along the beach there is a wide selection. When we travel we read the ratings and comments and roll the dice. ;)

Thanks for the info!! Hopefully we will be able to make it happen towards the end of the month.

Great stop ,I usually stay on the boardwalk for overnights or a couple of days depending on weather. A short uber ride. The FBO is very helpful.

Back