Overpriced?

Arnold

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Arnold
I've written in the past about aircraft for sale that have prices which appear to exceed their value. We've just had a thread about $100K C-150s. I am propose a thread where we can all post similar finds.

Here is my first candidate:
EXCELLENT FLYING LOW TIME 172K • $73,500 • FLY RIGHT NOW • Great looking ‘68 Cessna Skyhhawk with 2950TT & 1200 SMOH on the Lycoming O-320! ADS-B in & out, Traffic & Weather, displayed on the iPad (included!) Excellent flying bird, brand new battery 2/21! New wheel pants, new tail beacon, annual 10/20! FREE DELIVERY, FREE PREBUY, & 60 DAY WARRANTY!! Compressions at annual: 76-74-72-74! Complete logbooks since new! No damage history! IFR panel, ILS w localizer & glideslope. It has a wing leveler style autopilot but I can’t figure out how to use it.. tires are excellent! Interior 8/10 exterior 7.5/10.

See photos:

Antique avionics. Non-working equipment (I suggest that if the airline pilot owner can't make a wing leveler work, it doesn't work). Unknown overhaul. Even in today's market I think this is a mid $50K ship.

There are so many variables with airplane pricing. One issue I have is the ‘low time engine’, but those few hours are spread over 15+ years, meaning long sits. The seller still keeps it priced as low time since overhaul.

In that case, I’d rather buy the ‘run-out’ & start over fresh.

It’s always a can of night crawlers.

It's not just aircraft prices that are high these days. Or, would it be more accurate to say the value of the dollar is low these days?

Yep, supply is low across capital goods. Used car prices are high, used home prices too. But I don't think it is the value of the dollar, I think it is the uncertainty of the times and loss of productive capacity during the past year. Supply and demand at work.

Back