Out of fuel in flight. Some life saving tips.

Heh! Love the part when you’re walking around the plane looking on your phone...hahaha

You’ve inspired me to install one of those “fuel tank switches” in my plane.

I actually learned something from this. If nothing comes out of the sump, that means there's no water in the fuel. Who'd of thunk??

Heh! Love the part when you’re walking around the plane looking on your phone...hahaha

I gotta download that walkaround app. That would be a real timesaver. Hey Bryan with a Y, can you post a link? :)

And when ATC asks how many soles on board, it's "Two. One on each rudder pedal".
btw, you learn that as part of "multi" training. ;)

I gotta download that walkaround app. That would be a real timesaver. Hey Bryan with a Y, can you post a link? :)

And when ATC asks how many soles on board, it's "Two. One on each rudder pedal".
btw, you learn that as part of "multi" training. ;)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, good advice- especially “entertain yourselves down below”.:D

The power slide on takeoff was outstanding. Come to think of it, the whole takeoff was amazing. I mean, logging multiple takeoffs and landings before the end of the runway really cuts down on the amount of fuel to comply with those pesky currency rules...

I love the weird physics in your videos -- fuel sticking to the edges of the tank, until you bank -- I just wonder how you think of these things that are so wacky, but almost sound real.

You're really raising the bars with these videos, Bryan.

I love the weird physics in your videos -- fuel sticking to the edges of the tank, until you bank -- I just wonder how you think of these things that are so wacky, but almost sound real.

It scares me how frequently people think they are real.
I had several remarks about how the stats are BS about all pilots running out of fuel and whatnot...

I don't think it could be more obvious that its 100% shtick but some aren't picking up on that...

The power slide on takeoff was outstanding. Come to think of it, the whole takeoff was amazing. I mean, logging multiple takeoffs and landings before the end of the runway really cuts down on the amount of fuel to comply with those pesky currency rules...

When I flew from Rotterdam we'd actually do this. It was a huge long runway, and they charged landing fees, so if we took off and then landed again a few times on both takeoff and landing we could log a bunch of landings for only one fee!

I don't think it could be more obvious that its 100% shtick but some aren't picking up on that...
I have learned that no matter how absurd or over the top you make something, someone it going to take it seriously. Woosh. There is nothing you can do about it. And you can't let those people control your life.

9-11 truthers, birthers, chemtrails, Jade Helm, Pizza planet, etc. they be out there.

I have learned that no matter how absurd or over the top you make something, someone it going to take it seriously. Woosh. There is nothing you can do about it. And you can't let those people control your life.

9-11 truthers, birthers, chemtrails, Jade Helm, Pizza planet, etc. they be out there.

Except for the chemtrials. That stuff is real, man!

jet_fuel.png

Laurie and I watched this last night.

This morning she told me there was a fuel issue on her Southwest flight that caused a takeoff delay.

I told her "Tell the pilots to watch Bryan's life-saving video!"

I'm not sure she did. The flight survived, but probably barely without that information.

@SixPapaCharlie I was wondering, how did you do the graphics for the dramatic intro?

With thoughtful videos like this, who needs MzeroA?

Bryan, I hope you've sent this to Sporty's so it can be included in the next edition of their Learn To Fly video course. Or maybe John and Martha would be interested....

Souls on board... God.... ghosts... :rofl:

Hey, Br-Y-an, I have the same Master Caution light! Are they synced? Do they both come on at the same time in our airplanes? How do they work? What do they mean? I tried pushing on mine and it didn't do anything. I tried pushing on the button next to it a few times and (although I hate to admit it), I heard a voice (I was alone in the airplane) saying "unidentified aircraft squawking VFR and identing, quit it".
Anyway, enough of my rambling. It's not as cool as your rambling.

Back