Out again, this time permanently

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Yep, this time I can say with authority that I'm not going to Gastons. I had the plane booked, had a passenger lined up, and was set to go!

The person I had lined up flaked (I thought she might) about 2 weeks ago. I was still planning on going. Then a friend suggested I fly to Las Vegas instead. I was stuck between which way to go, actually leaning towards Las Vegas.....

Then this morning I got the news: Landlord sold our house. We have to vacate by July 1, 2008. The money I had saved for the Gastons trip will now be spent on deposits/first month's rent at the new house. Hooray rentals.

I'm gonna miss y'all. :(

Awwww, man!....Pancho was looking forward to terrorizing Piper.

I'm disappointed. and BTW, never say never.

Pish Tosh, Nick; place to live? I have two words for you: Camper Shell.

Man, you'll be missed!

Jump on your motorcycle and ride the 12 hours to Lincoln. From there you can fly with me at no cost.

Yep, this time I can say with authority that I'm not going to Gastons. I had the plane booked, had a passenger lined up, and was set to go!

The person I had lined up flaked (I thought she might) about 2 weeks ago. I was still planning on going. Then a friend suggested I fly to Las Vegas instead. I was stuck between which way to go, actually leaning towards Las Vegas.....

Well Nick, after reading this far, I was gonna say that shortly after your arrival in Vegas, you should have your female pax to come to Gaston's with. :rofl:

Then this morning I got the news: Landlord sold our house. We have to vacate by July 1, 2008. The money I had saved for the Gastons trip will now be spent on deposits/first month's rent at the new house. Hooray rentals.

I'm gonna miss y'all. :(

That sucks. :( We'll miss you too!

You're welcome to fly with me at no cost if you want. Free pick up and drop off, too!

-Felix

You're welcome to fly with me at no cost if you want. Free pick up and drop off, too!

-Felix

I'm running the numbers, Felix, to find out if this is possible. Gotta account for deposit, first/last month's rent and whatnot in a new house. Even without the flying I may not be able to swing it, but we'll see. I appreciate the offer, and i'll let you know quickly.

I'm running the numbers, Felix, to find out if this is possible. Gotta account for deposit, first/last month's rent and whatnot in a new house. Even without the flying I may not be able to swing it, but we'll see. I appreciate the offer, and i'll let you know quickly.
Cool, no rush, I don't need to know until we leave. Hope it works out!

Ken...surely you can hitch a ride in a twin or turbine?????? Can't you write another article about something at Gaston's?

I promise I won't blow smoke again if you fly with me. ;)

We will find you a room if you can find a way to come. :yes:

I may be flying over ABQ on Sunday or Monday on my way back to Chicago. I could swing south over Gastons. I will be flying a C172-180. Do you need a ride?
My course is pretty much depending on the weather east of Carson City, Nevada.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Back