Our favorite pilot demonstrates another unusual attitude

Could you post that list?
Sure, I've posted it a number of times in different forums.

they change periodically, especially the sub-tasks. The "surprise" hold at the IF was added after it happened to a friend who called after it happened to them.
upload_2023-5-29_7-5-15.png

Last edited:
So to our lawyer friends out there, does being a self-appointed youtube celebrity make a person a public figure? Or in other words, if we were to have a 'which youtube pilot is most likely to crash an aircraft because of their lack of skill or judgement' poll, would that be a bad thing? Not to be mean, or even funny, but a bit educational. Ok, perhaps satirical and educational at the same time.
What does being a public figure or not have to do with it?

Gee, I never heard that. Any good references?

ok, probably it runs more into defamation rather than just "poking fun" - but the applicable post talking about "...if we were to have a 'which youtube pilot is most likely to crash an aircraft because of their lack of skill or judgement' poll," could easily cross over into possible defamation claims...

lots and lots of stuff if you google "making fun of public figures vs private"

https://www.minclaw.com/public-figure-defamation/

ok, probably it runs more into defamation rather than just "poking fun" - but the applicable post talking about "...if we were to have a 'which youtube pilot is most likely to crash an aircraft because of their lack of skill or judgement' poll," could easily cross over into possible defamation claims...

lots and lots of stuff if you google "making fun of public figures vs private"

https://www.minclaw.com/public-figure-defamation/
Yes, but it has to qualify as defamation (factual statements that are not just opinion) not simply satiric "poking fun" to be a problem. Jerry is his own satire. And he has already been described numerous times online as the pilot most likely to crash an airplane.

Sure, I've posted it a number of times in different forums.

they change periodically, especially the sub-tasks. The "surprise" hold at the IF was added after it happened to a friend who called after it happened to them.
View attachment 117617

OK, gauntlet thrown, and I believe I’d lose.

OK, gauntlet thrown, and I believe I’d lose.
#6 is more in the tips and tricks category but can be useful in a number of diversion situations.

#5b won't happen on an RNAV approach and is rare (and getting rarer) otherwise. #5a happens just enough, but is really there because many people have issues due to the overcomplicated way holds are taught.

The rest happen regularly, and I think of them as basic skills.

Wow - these videos are frightening now that I live and fly in the same general area...

I don't think I have ever come close to as egregious a flight as what this guy considers normal in my 3000+ flight hours.

I'm not a big youtube consumer. A few days ago I was driving home from the hangar, and noticed a 421 taxiing out in the row behind mine. Didn't think much of it, exited the ramp area, headed home.

On the road leaving the airport, I see same 421 climbing out, poorly. I assumed the plane had lost its RHE -- he is maybe 150-200 high (at this point in the road, I'm basically at the far end of the 5500' runway we commonly use, so the altitude makes no sense). I pulled over, and was expecting to witness a crash or cheer an ME success story. This was neither. He was in a 20ish degree bank with a fair yaw component to things and maybe 0.5 degree nose up.

Then he got over the water, rolled wings level, and continued his anemic climb to the east.

I searched up the N number, and was like "a-ha"

Clown.

Certainly not defending the guy, but is it possible he was doing some SE training?

Okay… just realized I was the second person to post to this thread. (Can’t find the smiley things).

I'm not a big youtube consumer. A few days ago I was driving home from the hangar, and noticed a 421 taxiing out in the row behind mine. Didn't think much of it, exited the ramp area, headed home.

On the road leaving the airport, I see same 421 climbing out, poorly. I assumed the plane had lost its RHE -- he is maybe 150-200 high (at this point in the road, I'm basically at the far end of the 5500' runway we commonly use, so the altitude makes no sense). I pulled over, and was expecting to witness a crash or cheer an ME success story. This was neither. He was in a 20ish degree bank with a fair yaw component to things and maybe 0.5 degree nose up.

Then he got over the water, rolled wings level, and continued his anemic climb to the east.

I searched up the N number, and was like "a-ha"

Clown.
The latest video says they got a new right engine. So ...

The highlight of the video is the CRM and checklist discipline.

PF: We're gonna do the checklist carefully.
PNF: Le...
PF: Check.

Pro tip: It's always faster and only a lot less safe if you have someone read the checklist for you and you constantly interrupt him before he finishes each challenge.

He checked 4 mags faster than I can check one. Impressive.

Pro tip: It's always faster and only a lot less safe if you have someone read the checklist for you and you constantly interrupt him before he finishes each challenge.
One of my sim partners did that, I wanted to kill him.

The video is down but I'm pretty sure I know who it is. For a guy that flies in IMC as much as he does, his skills don't seem to improve.

I think I actually saw him land at KMCC a few months ago. I was on my bike under the approach path and I saw a twin land. I didn't think much of it at the time but when the video came out a day later, the time coincided exactly.

If I knew it was him at the time, I probably would have steered clear of KMCC.

I apologize if I've mentioned this before... There was a guy that flew RC at a local park that someone nicknamed "doomsday". Whenever he'd arrive, everyone would scramble to bring their planes in to land. Because we were never sure exactly what would happen, except that it would probably be a little frightening, and would probably result in some sort of minor accident at a minimum.

Seeing that play out with full size aircraft seems strange.

The video is down but I'm pretty sure I know who it is. For a guy that flies in IMC as much as he does, his skills don't seem to improve.
Actually he has, but the overall problem I see is his experience. I have no idea what he did aviation-wise before YouTube, but the main thing I see is the experience of 100 hours of the same flight rather than 100 hours in different situations. AUN-OAK-AUN. I've been watching him for a while and the biggest IFR problems seem to occur when there's anything different than what he is used to. Even a difference as minor as the winds changing from the prevailing northwest to the southeast so he has to fly the approach to 10L rather than 28R throws him. There was one of these this past year. He's up there with Robert guessing where ATC is going to send him and setting up his GPS based on his guess. When ATC does something different he screws it up. The scary part is, even to me who has never flown into OAK, it was pretty obvious what ATC was going to do.

Back