Our amazing Founding Fathers

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
For all my life I have been in awe of the prescience of the Founding Fathers of this country. Literally I thought they thought of everything.

Until today...walking out of a hardware store I finally realized that most people exist in a coma.

So perhaps the Founding Fathers got it wrong...elgibility to vote should not be based on age but on capability for cognitive thought.

BTW I hope you are watching John Adams on HBO. AMAZING thus far!

I watched the first two segments last night. Why can't we have leaders like that anymore? Just one.

James Dean

I think we have a once in a generation leader running for office right now.
Who? I'm at a disadvantage with my current schedule... I've not seen a TV beside the one in the FBO in over a week!

BTW I hope you are watching John Adams on HBO. AMAZING thus far!
Yeah. It's good. "John Adams" delayed me cancelling HBO after "The Wire" ended.

One take has Jefferson being the be all and end all, while this one has him as a wallflower....Listening to Jefferson on slavery knowing he had children with his slave.

I vowed to read up some more.

I've read the book a couple of times. Watched the show when it came out, sitting on the edge of my chair. Watching it again for the first time in ten years and would rank the show as one of the best ever made.

Holy thread necro!

Man, now I feel bad. Didn't see the need to start a new thread, but man, the show is good.

I reported the OP for a violation of the rules...... Even though there wernt' any rulz when he posted that.

Oh, I'm sure there were rules back then. They were probably just applied differently.
When this thread was started, there was section for political and religious discussions (aka "Spin Zone") which was nuked a few years ago. Not sure why this thread didn't get moved there, but maybe it was because it didn't amount to much.

Last edited:
Anyone know what happened to Richard?

Back