Our admin....

You might as well go decaf diet pepper if your going diet.

I shared an office with a guy who is about 10 years younger than me. He was (& is) a caffeine hard core addict. He kept a bottle of what he called rocket juice in his desk drawer meant to be added to drinks by the cap full to increase the caffeine content. He would pull it out and take a swig directly from the bottle. At one point I was off caffeine and sugar (by choice) and therefore was drinking a cup of artificially sweetened decaf coffee.

He said "What's the point?"

I replied "Look at me. This is you in 10 years."

He (looking slightly shocked) said "Shoot me now." brief pause "No offense."

We are still friends, more than 15 years later... I do drink caffeinated coffee now though...

Is her name 'Becky'?

Isn't Keurig "coffee" quite bad enough without the added indignity of the "pumpkin spice" nonsense?

It gets the job done. There is a whole range of good and bad stuff. I'm no coffee snob and I don't drink it by the pot either. One cup in the morning is all I need.

It gets the job done. There is a whole range of good and bad stuff. I'm no coffee snob and I don't drink it by the pot either. One cup in the morning is all I need.
Then we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. That should make both of us feel good. :)

I am a huge fan of pumpkin. That being said, there are two things that pumpkin flavor should never be in:

1) Coffee
2) Beer

What's the best way to get rid of a food or drink product that you don't like? Take it to the office.... SOMEONE will eat it. You may need to put up a sign "free food" or bring in someone from Costco that hands out free samples.

Then we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. That should make both of us feel good. :)

I don't even like the taste of coffee unless it is in some sort of sweet liquer confectionary and I avoid those for other reasons. I gulp my mandatory cup as quickly as possible like swallowing a pill, and usually use a chaser to kill the taste. If It weren't for the headaches, I wouldn't drink coffee at all.

Answer: Coffee and Pumpkin.
Question: Name two things that have only ever crossed my lips once and will never cross my lips again.

Tar and feather.

My Fortune 500 day job can’t seem to keep an espresso machine running and the only alternative is Keurig.

Funny, peel open those stupid cups and the grinds make a decent coffee when run through a French press.

My office's coffee tray this morning:

J4DgIbp.png

My office's coffee tray this morning:

J4DgIbp.png

I like the Dunkin Donuts coffee. Detest Green Mountain. The "Donut Shop" blend is pretty good too. I don't like bitter coffee.

Edit: I wrote Coffee Shop by accident

Last edited:
I like the Dunkin Donuts coffee. Detest Green Mountain. The "Coffee Shop" blend is pretty good too. I don't like bitter coffee.
I think it is even more insidious because they are putting two colors of similar coffee together hoping that someone will make the big oops of putting that abomination into the Keurig

I'm not a coffee snob either. I do, however, want to punch kuerig users in the face. We don't do enough bad crap to the planet, we need to put 10,500,000,000 little plastic cups in the landfill along with all the other trash, the actual sales number from 2015? I can see having a kuerig in, say, a hotel lobby, automotive dealership waiting room, places like that. But if you have one in your home, just because you're #()+/@&$ lazy, and that can be the only reason for having one in your home, you suck, thank you for your contribution to the destruction of the planet. My MIL is one these lazy people.

End rant. These things are a pet peeve of mine along with plenty of other single-use, throwaway items that simply exist for convenience.

I don't even used a filter, my single-serve coffee maker has a nice reusable cup. All I have to do is rinse it, wash it occasionally. I buy my coffee in those little foil cubes so that is the only waste. When the my coffee maker quits, I plan on just going back to the ol' french press.

I'm not a coffee snob either. I do, however, want to punch kuerig users in the face. We don't do enough bad crap to the planet, we need to put 10,500,000,000 little plastic cups in the landfill along with all the other trash, the actual sales number from 2015? I can see having a kuerig in, say, a hotel lobby, automotive dealership waiting room, places like that. But if you have one in your home, just because you're #()+/@&$ lazy, and that can be the only reason for having one in your home, you suck, thank you for your contribution to the destruction of the planet. My MIL is one these lazy people.

End rant. These things are a pet peeve of mine along with plenty of other single-use, throwaway items that simply exist for convenience.

I don't even used a filter, my single-serve coffee maker has a nice reusable cup. All I have to do is rinse it, wash it occasionally. I buy my coffee in those little foil cubes so that is the only waste. When the my coffee maker quits, I plan on just going back to the ol' french press.

I kind of agree with you to some extent, but not a large extent. It is my understanding that the little plastic cups are actually a biodegradable plant based material. They are probably less innocuous to the environment than foam cups - and I hate eating and drinking out of foam for other reasons. I don't actually make coffee at home, but when I did, it was Folgers instant in microwaved hot water. And 'real' coffee is actually made at work, but I fall in to the category of that person that only wants one cup and if there isn't a carafe made up, I'll opt for the Keurig if its there. Of the single use items that plug the landfill, I would say that the little Keurig cups are well down there on that list.

As you may or may not be aware, there was a law passed in Kalifornia requiring grocery stores to charge ten cents for a paper or plastic bag. The verdict is out on whether paper and plastic are being 'saved.' In my case, I have a use for paper shopping bags. Two, actually. They serve as ignition fuel for my charcoal chimney, and as garage trash bags, so, I'm still using the same number of bags as before.

Best Keurig coffee ever: CostCo brand Pacific Bold. Not only does it have the best flavor, it also happens to be the cheapest.

:thumbsup:

Best Keurig coffee ever: CostCo brand Pacific Bold. Not only does it have the best flavor, it also happens to be the cheapest.

:thumbsup:

Is it dark roast or French roast?

Is it dark roast or French roast?

Donno... I do know that it has a very stong, but not bitter, flavor and that it is most certainly not decaffinated... :)

(ETA: Hahaha.... Says right there on the label "Dark Roast")

The fact that it works out to around $0.30 a cup only adds to the enjoyment...

6912.jpeg

P.S. Neither the "organic" nor "fair trade certified" have any influence in my decidion to enjoy this coffee...

Before we got our Keurig, even though I don’t drink coffee, I would make it for my wife. My uncle said that was the biblical truth way because Hebrews.

What happened was I had to make 4 cups worth of coffee so her two cups would taste good; the Keurig took care of that waste.

What happened was I had to make 4 cups worth of coffee so her two cups would taste good; the Keurig took care of that waste.

For me that was the most important part. I could have a fresh cup of coffee in a matter of minutes at any time of the day. I drink coffee all day long, sometimes well into the late night. Keeping a pot hot and fresh all day is impossible. Four minutes from "I want a cup" to "Sluuurrrrpp" is priceless.

And 'real' coffee is actually made at work, but I fall in to the category of that person that only wants one cup and if there isn't a carafe made up, I'll opt for the Keurig if its there. Of the single use items that plug the landfill, I would say that the little Keurig cups are well down there on that list.

Apparently plastic straws are the main problem.

Apparently plastic straws are the main problem.

The real problem is with countries and people other than us. All that plastic garbage, and stuff choking out the marine wildlife you see in the news documentaries?

Didn't originate from here. Yes we crowd the landfills, that is a problem. But we aren't dumping the stuff in the ocean like many third world countries do.

Since I do not use Sissy Sticks in the first place (not for any ethical, environmental, or philosophical reasons), I guess I can double my use of pods and still break even... o_O

The real problem is with countries and people other than us. All that plastic garbage, and stuff choking out the marine wildlife you see in the news documentaries?

Didn't originate from here. Yes we crowd the landfills, that is a problem. But we aren't dumping the stuff in the ocean like many third world countries do.

90% of the plastic trash comes out of 10 rivers and the Mississippi isn't one of them. Since NYC stopped dropping trash out of their barges net number of plastic straws going into the ocean is pretty minimal.

For me that was the most important part. I could have a fresh cup of coffee in a matter of minutes at any time of the day. I drink coffee all day long, sometimes well into the late night. Keeping a pot hot and fresh all day is impossible. Four minutes from "I want a cup" to "Sluuurrrrpp" is priceless.
Which is why we have a Jura... from coffee beans and water, to an exquisite cup of coffee (Americano, espresso, cappuccino, macchiato, whatever) in less time than a Keurig.

Y’all that basic?

As you may or may not be aware, there was a law passed in Kalifornia requiring grocery stores to charge ten cents for a paper or plastic bag. The verdict is out on whether paper and plastic are being 'saved.' In my case, I have a use for paper shopping bags. Two, actually. They serve as ignition fuel for my charcoal chimney, and as garage trash bags, so, I'm still using the same number of bags as before.
We use plastic grocery bags for picking up dog poop, so I guess if it came down to it, we’d buy these and throw away as much plastic for less money.
https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Rated-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VT1DEPKMT1E8XB8JYABK
but at least the poop would have a refreshing lavender scent.

Which is why we have a Jura... from coffee beans and water, to an exquisite cup of coffee (Americano, espresso, cappuccino, macchiato, whatever) in less time than a Keurig.

Keurig: $99
Jura: $2600

After years of screwing with every other coffee contraption, I cold brew coffee, then heat it if I want hot coffee. It's so easy.

Back