OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
Here is a video of me crashing in Crested Butte Colorado, You don't see me because the camera is on my helmet. The wounds I have from the crash are currently infected (it hurts pretty badly) It even hurts to watch ;(
BUT WATCH IT ANYWAY:lightning:

Attachments

• Crashcompilation.wmv
    4.1 MB · Views: 423
Weenie. Was that a girl in front of you not crashing?:p

Oh! I see the problem, you're from New Jersey and your body takes to the clean air like poison.

Last edited:
Weenie. Was that a girl in front of you not crashing?:p

Oh! I see the problem, you're from New Jersey and your body takes to the clean air like poison.

*Ahem* My Dad was in front. Perhaps you saw my aunt behind me who is a world class athlete currently training to run a marathon in 3 hours, and behind her is my uncle who is a lucky SOB who is a retired millionaire at 44.

And Yes Non humid air with a lack of Mercury and plutonium feels like poison. New Jersey, The toxic state, The armpit of the nation

Last edited:
Mountain biking isn't fun unless you crash once and a while.
Mountain biking crashes don't hurt.
Road bike crashes land you in the hospital.
Ask me how I know. Years of mountain biking and no hospital visits. Three months of road biking, and I ended up in the hospital with a whole mess of stitches and broken teeth.

Mountain biking isn't fun unless you crash once and a while.
Mountain biking crashes don't hurt.
Road bike crashes land you in the hospital.
Ask me how I know. Years of mountain biking and no hospital visits. Three months of road biking, and I ended up in the hospital with a whole mess of stitches and broken teeth.

Hah! I'm the complete opposite! Sprained wrists, cracked ribs, rock rash, chipped a tooth, fat lip, bruises... you name it, my mountain bike has done it to me. Road bike? Nary a scratch (save for the occasional cog scratch)

Cheers,

-Andrew

Hah! I'm the complete opposite! Sprained wrists, cracked ribs, rock rash, chipped a tooth, fat lip, bruises... you name it, my mountain bike has done it to me. Road bike? Nary a scratch (save for the occasional cog scratch)

Cheers,

-Andrew

Really? Road biking crashes are significantly worse usually. Mountain biking is almost fun to fall. Down hill biking hurts alot and with the possibility of infection. Road Biking you get MAJOR road rash but it's unlikely to get infected

Really? Road biking crashes are significantly worse usually. Mountain biking is almost fun to fall. Down hill biking hurts alot and with the possibility of infection. Road Biking you get MAJOR road rash but it's unlikely to get infected

I'm far more comfortable on my road bike than I am on my mountain bike.

My implication is that I've never been down on my road bike. All it will take is once to even the balance between the bikes.

Road rash stinks, but my cracked rib sucked a lot worse.

Cheers,

-Andrew

It would be the rare road bike biff that lands you on top of a broken off sapling stump! :(

And it's kinda entertaining when you tell someone what path to take around a tricky bit ("when you come around the stump, stay ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT, 'cause if you go straight, your front wheel will drop into that hidden hole in the roots") and then he just goes straight into that hole.... ssslooowwww mmmooootionnnn endo! :D

Have you considered another passtime? Like one that doesn't hurt.

Don't know about the rest of those guys but I quit doing it when the healing started to take too long... :D

Maxi Pads work GREAT for road rash and they don't stick to the wound.
hmmm... ooookay. but there are some gel type bandages that you put on the road rash and leave 'em till they come off. Waterproof, airproof, reduce the scarring waaaay down. :)

And you aren't walking around with a maxipad taped to your arm. :eek:

hmmm... ooookay. but there are some gel type bandages that you put on the road rash and leave 'em till they come off. Waterproof, airproof, reduce the scarring waaaay down. :)

And you aren't walking around with a maxipad taped to your arm. :eek:

Maxi pads are cheaper. :D

nuh uh... there's too many edits for that to prove ANYthing! :D Hell, you could've fallen half a dozen times!

Have you considered another passtime? Like one that doesn't hurt.

I dunno. Cycling may hurt on occasion, but there is something pretty fun about hopping on my bike before dawn and riding 120 plus miles to another friend's house. Yeah, crashing stinks, but it happens...

Cheers,

-Andrew

I dunno. Cycling may hurt on occasion, but there is something pretty fun about hopping on my bike before dawn and riding 120 plus miles to another friend's house. Yeah, crashing stinks, but it happens...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Wow thats impressive. The most I've ever ridden was forty miles. However the thing I dislike about road riding is that it gets really boring. I also dislike the 10 ton hunks of steel whizzing by you

Maxi Pads work GREAT for road rash and they don't stick to the wound.

They also work great for when you spill a drink on a carpet - pulls the liquid right out and it won't stain! A friend of mine spilled red wine on a white carpet once, we use maxi pads and resolve to clean it up... you'd never know it got spilled!

yea i can see austin going to the store and buying some maxi pads! HAHAHA keep them under the sink in your bathroom! (with the cleaning supplies)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back