Oshkosh 2009

David_L_Wilson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
David L Wilson
Pictures of my trip to Oshkosh on www.youthinaviation.com

Regarding my posting in the BOOK FORUM I assumed that it was the proper place to put the new offers.

You guys are brutal and I don't feel like I deserve your wrath. If you don't like me fine. You will note that this was the first post in over a month to this board. I didn't realize how many people on this message board feel the need to belittle their peers.

David, some nice shots. I think this one is my favorite (so far)
IMG_0178.jpg

Looking through the first few pages made me realize that in my entire week there I never made it over to Warbirds! And I never met you! :(

Thanks. I have only posted about 1/3 of my pics so keep checking back.

Regarding my posting in the BOOK FORUM I assumed that it was the proper place to put the new offers.

You guys are brutal and I don't feel like I deserve your wrath. If you don't like me fine. You will note that this was the first post in over a month to this board. I didn't realize how many people on this message board feel the need to belittle their peers.

David I'm the guy who indicated it was starting to be annoying-
- One thread in the classifieds and another in book- Ok. Let us respond- please don't bump your own thread.

It was starting to seem like everytime I opened POA, there was another thread by you. If you think this group was bad, try making several posts on the red board.

I wish you luck with your book, but please don't whine when people push back against what seemed to be excessive advertising- please try to learn from the experience to help your own marketing efforts. There were some constructive comments in the complaints.

Welcome to the board- link to your web site in your signature line, be constructive.

BTW- we did have a question if your book was being published by subscription? I may not be using the correct term- are you paying to get it published?

That Christen Eagle you saw belongs to a friend of mine and it lives in a hangar near mine. There's a story that goes with it too if you're interested.

http://www.youthinaviation.com/images/IMG_0174.jpg

[/quote]Regarding my posting in the BOOK FORUM I assumed that it was the proper place to put the new offers.

You guys are brutal and I don't feel like I deserve your wrath. If you don't like me fine. You will note that this was the first post in over a month to this board. I didn't realize how many people on this message board feel the need to belittle their peers.[/quote]

Online life gets complicated when you break an unwritten/unknown rule unintentionally or otherwise. I didn't follow the thread in question but I can assure you that "belittling" peers and other personal abuses aren't anywhere near as common here as on some other webboards. Here's hoping you stick around long enough to feel the same way.

Here's hoping you stick around long enough to feel the same way.

X2, and you won't find a better bunch than here. I have seen this group come together many times to help someone from this forum out. Be it transportation across the country, to funding a new server. Some have flown half way across the USA to share in celebrating a birthday. (which is coming up again at the end of the month) Organizing several fly-ins in different parts of the country so we can get together, and so on. So I would have to say the reason you were treated the way you were at first was a defensive action, not just a lashing out at you. Stick around and you will see.

BTW- we did have a question if your book was being published by subscription? I may not be using the correct term- are you paying to get it published?
Subscription is not the right term. his publisher is an on-demand vanity publisher. They do not run a print and then stock books. There is a tax reason for them to not do that. So when they get demand for a certain amount of copies they will then run a print of that book. This is becoming a fairly common type of situation for non-block buster small audience books.

I have little sympathy for the OP. Despite my success in publishing with a real (read not vanity, not do-it-yourself) publisher I have never used this site as an advertising tool, indeed I never even posted the name of my book (Grant did). However, the Oshkosh pictures are great. There's hope for him yet.

David I'm the guy who indicated it was starting to be annoying-
- One thread in the classifieds and another in book- Ok. Let us respond- please don't bump your own thread.

It was starting to seem like everytime I opened POA, there was another thread by you. If you think this group was bad, try making several posts on the red board.

I wish you luck with your book, but please don't whine when people push back against what seemed to be excessive advertising- please try to learn from the experience to help your own marketing efforts. There were some constructive comments in the complaints.

Welcome to the board- link to your web site in your signature line, be constructive.

Thanks for the advice. I did not pay for my book to be published but I did purchase about 70 copies to give to friends and family as well as our local library system and elementary schools. Anyone who would like a free book can have one for the price of postage. Spread the word. I want my book read. I care nothing for money.

Thanks.

Subscription is not the right term. his publisher is an on-demand vanity publisher. They do not run a print and then stock books. There is a tax reason for them to not do that. So when they get demand for a certain amount of copies they will then run a print of that book. This is becoming a fairly common type of situation for non-block buster small audience books.

I believe you are misinformed as to the nature of publishamerica. My books are available all over the net including Amazon and Barnes and Noble. With the new lower pricing that just came out it will increase the marketablity of my book. Again, I would just as soon give away my copies to deserving youths.

Send any requests to me and I will be happy to ship one out. I made an ass of myself in previous posts and have been set straight. I thank all for the kind comments and the patence you have shown me. I HATE spammers, but I didn't realize I was being percieved as one.

I have a wonderful story to tell. I believe you will enjoy my book at any age.

Thanks.

Send any requests to me and I will be happy to ship one out. I made an ass of myself in previous posts and have been set straight. I thank all for the kind comments and the patence you have shown me. I HATE spammers, but I didn't realize I was being percieved as one.

I have a wonderful story to tell. I believe you will enjoy my book at any age.

Thanks.

David

I have not read any of your previous threads but wanted to say that it is a good idea to take any comments via the web with a grain of salt...some times with a huge grain of salt...there are people who seem to get their jollies out of being critical...and others just come across that way when it isn't intentional. Regardless, this is a great place to hang out a great bunch of folk.

So, this book is what you were talking about after all?

Or hoping for at least?
:rolleyes:

You've referenced a pair of my posts (the fatality on takeoff was from another airport in Wisconsin, I don't know how close. My mistake) and asked me about a book. I must be thick due to the early hour, I'm not following.

Last edited:
David, some nice shots. I think this one is my favorite (so far)

Looking through the first few pages made me realize that in my entire week there I never made it over to Warbirds! And I never met you! :(

Hey, I wish I knew some of you guys better. I bet there are more than a few who went to OSH. I stopped to refuel in Clinton IA. Its that close to home?

Hey, I wish I knew some of you guys better. I bet there are more than a few who went to OSH. I stopped to refuel in Clinton IA. Its that close to home?
Not for us (We're in a Chicago suburb), but there are a few others here from that neck of the woods.

Back