#OSH23 Jambalaya/Chili Party Tuesday

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Yes, we're doing it again! I'll do a full post once I get the location, but for now hold Tuesday night if you're going to be at #OSH23.

Here's what @lprellwitz has written up so far:
So here we are…. The Camp is Staked at the same location as last year. …. As such, we may proceed with plans for the Jambalaya and Chili Dinner Party for Tuesday Night at Camp Bacon!!!

WHERE: Camp Bacon. It’s in both Apple Maps and Google Maps. Camp Scholler between the Grey Lot and Sleepy Hollow campground.
On 19th st,1 block East of Stitts, between Ironwood and Hickory.
If coming from west, head east on gravel drive Schuhart (Scholler registration) from Stitts, then south on first lane (19th) and go two blocks.

Will plan on appetizers to be available between 7 and 7:15 with main dishes served at around 7:30 - and we serve 'til it's gone!

PROVIDED: We provide jambalaya (andouille sausage, shrimp, chicken, rice, vegetables, and spice) and chili with all the fixings- vegetarians, consider yourselves covered! I'll also be gathering appetizers, dessert, soft drinks, etc. during a couple of Pick N' Save pilgrimages in the preceding days, as well as that morning.

BRING: The most important thing to bring is.... yourself!!!
If you want to bring something, some ideas are: Libations (canned soft drinks and water will be provided, but feel free to bring any additional items you’d like (beer, iced tea, lemonade, water and soda goes with both dishes, wine not as much, though some enjoy it; margarita, sparkling wine goes with everything) French bread, cheese, crackers, bacon, sausage, BACON JERKY, chips, salsa, hummus, guacamole, desert, fruit, veggies or whatever you wish to provide.

COST: $0 - it's all about Friendship! (well, maybe bring a hug if you’re so inclined – it’s been a rough year, I could use some!)

Let me know if you're planning to attend, and if you’re planning to bring something to share so I can gauge quantities and make final calculations on Andouille and Shrimp acquisition, and how much 'Brand X' Chili Powder to bring with.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited:
After many years, I'll finally be there on a Tuesday. May bring a couple tag-a-longs (our EAA chapter Ray Scholarship winner and her dad).

Just ordered 10 bags of Morningstar Crumbles for the chili, and Leslie roasted the chilis and made the chili powder last weekend.
Will pick up another 8# of shrimp tomorrow, because you can't have enough shrimp! Andouille from the butcher shop next week!

We'd like to come (4) it's our first time to Osh and we don't know ANYONE!

We'll swing by a store when we get there and grab some veggies or fruit to bring!

I plan to …

Edit:
I have to drop out… my daughter is with me and she is already worn-out for the day.

Last edited:
I’m still trying to figure out if I can get up there for a few days, but if I do, I wouldn’t dare miss this.:)

Last edited:
This really makes me want to go to OSH.
Swing by and pick me up! Not only is the jambalaya incredible, Grant and Leslie are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. My only regret is that I’ve only been able to make it twice.

Last year was first time making the party. Damn good food. Damn gooder people. Will try to make again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swing by and pick me up! Not only is the jambalaya incredible, Grant and Leslie are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. My only regret is that I’ve only been able to make it twice.

How did u get there those two times?

I've been wanting to attend this ever since I was first on the receiving end of Leslie's cooking at 6y9. We're finally going for the whole week this year, so please put Teresa & I on the guest list. We'll have two kids in tow as well, but even if we can convince them to try jambalaya, they won't eat much. They seem to be allergic to flavor.

@Tools has generously offered to provide Golf Coast shrimp and Conecuh sausage for the jambalaya!
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I didn't see any announcement and was starting to panic! Thanks again for doing this. I'll be there (1)

Well, pooh. . . .I RSVP’ed “yes” for something at the same time, but this looks like more fun.

Life is so full of stressful decisions!!!

Where's Camp Bacon?

Last edited:
It was too warm for a fire, but we had it ready! It was a great turnout! Thanks to everyone who showed up, and a special thanks to those who helped put it on! There’s no way we could do it alone! And a special shout out to @lprellwitz as the instigator and heart of it!
IMG_0696.jpeg
IMG_2239.jpegIMG_2241.jpegIMG_2238.jpegIMG_2240.jpeg

Last edited:
Back