#OSH22 Jambalaya/Chili Party Tuesday

How many are you bringing (including you)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had to choose between you guys and doing air-to-air with a Staggerwing…. Sorry! Was looking forward to stopping by.

Great meeting everyone I was able to and wish we had more time. 5:30 comes early and the sun doesn’t care if you want to get up or not.

Anyone able to identify who’s who in these photos?

Top picture, green shirt with the bald head is me. You got my good side. To the right is Aiden’s parents whose names I cannot remember, I’m horrible with names.

Dang. Sorry we didn't make it. The boys wanted to see the Black Fly fly down at the ultralight strip last night. I thought it might be one of those "I was just a kid the first time I saw something like that fly" for the boys so we made the jaunt down there. By the time they were done, there was nothing left in the tanks for the boys to be 'social'. Ha. Looks like a good turnout. Would have liked to put some faces with the screen names.

It was good to randomly bump into A2 filling water bottles. Was thinking about it, and I think it was first time seeing him in ?14? years. Wow.

Indeed! Good food, nice to meet @steingar and @ktup-flyer in person. I didn’t realize there were other aviation groups represented. We really appreciated being fed, thank you.

A great party it was. Good food and good company. This was the best Oshkosh I've attended in years.

As usual, it was a great time and the best food I ate all week! Thank you Leslie and Grant for continuing this most wonderful Oshkosh tradition!

I'd love to share some sealed canned 8/12 oz beers from my local brewpub but not sure if that's allowed. Has anyone successfully passed ticketing / security with beer in their day bag at night?

Yes - All you have to do to bring booze on the grounds in your bag with the full knowledge and consent of security is to show them your pilot certificate.

No, I'm not kidding. And as much as I'd like to think it's because they feel like having a pilot certificate would make you more responsible, they know better. :rofl: It's so that the Vintage and Homebuilt camping folks can have booze on the field too!

Leslie gave my wife the recipe for the Jambalaya. She made it last night for some friends and it was really good. Looking forward to next year when we can enjoy Leslie's version and the great company again!!

Back