#OSH22 Jambalaya/Chili Party Tuesday

How many are you bringing (including you)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
WHAT: The (almost) annual PoA/Babes/BaconFest Jambalaya and Chili party.

WHEN: Tuesday evening of OSH, as in years past. Plan to start appetizers around 7:15 and the Jambalaya & chili around 7:30.

COVID Preparation: We’ll have plenty of hand sanitizer and some of the condiments will be individually wrapped this time. Masks are encouraged, but the nature of eating means they won’t be on most of the time. If you aren’t feeling well, please phone it in!

PROVIDED: We provide jambalaya (andouille sausage, shrimp, chicken, rice, vegetables, and spice) and chili. (We have the vegetarians well covered, just ask Steingar).

WHERE: Camp Bacon in Camp Scholler. In 2022 we’re at 19th between Hickory & Ironwood, just east of camper registration. This is the same place we were in 2021. We’re on Google Maps and at
What Three Words. Here's the AirVenture Camp Scholler Map of our location.

BRING: Yourself, first of all! If you can't bring something else, come anyway! If you want to bring something, here are some ideas: Libations (beer, iced tea, lemonade, water and soda goes with both dishes, wine not as much, though some enjoy it; margarita, sparkling wine goes with everything) French bread, cheese, crackers, bacon, sausage, BACON JERKY, chips, salsa, hummus, guacamole, desert, fruit, veggies or whatever you wish to provide. Again, we understand how hard it is to schlep stuff around the grounds. If you want to drop something off in the morning, that works too.

Bringing chairs is a good idea, but there will be some around, too. Again, you can drop them off during the day and take them with you afterward.

TRANSPORTATION: The Scholler campground shuttle from the drive south of Hangar B has stops at the Red Market West, a half block from us, until 11:00.
The Gray Lot shuttle from the bus park will take you to the Gray Lot, and then just walk a bit west.
If driving, park in the the Gray Lot and walk west.
Here are route maps.

COST: Free! (Donations are accepted, but they are totally voluntary!)

PLEASE RESPOND ON THIS THREAD IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO COME AND IF YOU'LL BE BRINGING ANYTHING SO PEOPLE CAN GAUGE QUANTITIES!

Whew, that was close! I thought this one had gone away. I’ll be there with homebrew beer in hand. Since I am flying, no kringle as I don’t pass O&H on the way.

rats…won’t be there until wednesday

We're (My wife and I) are coming. Looking forward to putting faces to names. I'll be the guy wearing the POA shirt. ;) We'll be bringing some snack foods and beer. Since we'll have a car, hopefully we can get into the grey lot and have just a short hike to carry over stuff.

We're (My wife and I) are coming. Looking forward to putting faces to names. I'll be the guy wearing the POA shirt. ;) We'll be bringing some snack foods and beer. Since we'll have a car, hopefully we can get into the grey lot and have just a short hike to carry over stuff.
Wait, we have shirts?

Grant, Mary and I (and possibly our kids!) will try to be there!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Okay, so I am staying at UofW Osh this year rather than camping. I'd love to share some sealed canned 8/12 oz beers from my local brewpub but not sure if that's allowed. Has anyone successfully passed ticketing / security with beer in their day bag at night?

Okay, so I am staying at UofW Osh this year rather than camping. I'd love to share some sealed canned 8/12 oz beers from my local brewpub but not sure if that's allowed. Has anyone successfully passed ticketing / security with beer in their day bag at night?
One solution is to drop it off before you enter the grounds so you don't have to schlep it around all day. We're not far from the Gray Lot.

You could drop them off at camp bacon before entering the show. I’m sure they will still be there when you return….

Yes, well you DID say you wanted to share…

[mention]ktup-flyer [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll be there, two of us, bringing French bread. I hope that's enough!

I'll be the guy in cargo shorts and New Balance shoes.

What's the spice level on this hear Jambalaya y'all been talking about for years? Will try to swing by, but will have my 10 y/o and 8 y/o boys with me, so need to know if I need to pick up something more tame enroute.

Likely/hopefully me + 3 (two kids + 1 adult)

What's the spice level on this hear Jambalaya y'all been talking about for years? Will try to swing by, but will have my 10 y/o and 8 y/o boys with me, so need to know if I need to pick up something more tame enroute.

Likely/hopefully me + 3 (two kids + 1 adult)
The chef does not like hot spice. Plenty of hot sauces available if anyone wants to kick it up a notch.

it’ll be great seeing you again!

FYI, we just had a tree branch come down and total a pickup on our campsite last night. Not sure why that made me think of you!

We'll be there, two of us, bringing French bread. I hope that's enough!

I'll be the guy in cargo shorts and New Balance shoes.

This will become more difficult as New Balances become cool again, younger generation. You heard it here first. Yes, seriously.

I’m sorrry, but I did a survey of shoes today and they were mostly under armor.

however, lots of cargo shorts. Only ones with real pants were marketing drones.

If someone’s still looking for something to bring, name tags would be welcome. We have a few left, but…

bflynn, we got the Kringle! Thanks!

Will be there, 2 folks. We’ll bring a couple 6 packs of local beer to donate to the cause.

I'll try to remember to come
So much going on I think I need a
Checklist at OSH

Looking forward to tonight. Great location this year right next to grey lot. I’ll be modeling my good looking POA shirt today.

What’s the easiest (on my feet) way to get there from Friar Tuck’s area of N40?

Yup. Got lucky and got a golf cart ride all the way here.

17016f48fa937c795199794563f3e198.jpg

Back