OSH to CA the northern way

StinkBug

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Dallas
Last year I went on an epic adventure with one of my friends flying my Mooney from San Diego to Cape Cod via Texas, New Orleans, and Key West, then back again via Ohio, Chicago, Denver and Moab Utah.

Next week I'm headed to Oshkosh for airventure. On the way there I'm joining up with a bunch of other folks flying the Mooney Caravan, but on the way home we'll be flying solo and I'm wanting to hit some of the northern states that I haven't seen yet. I'll most likely be bringing my friend back to his home base in the bay area (O69, Petaluma) and I have a friend in SLC I'd like to see. Any of you know of some good airports to refuel at, or good overnight stops in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming? Possibly even N. Dakota, Montana or Idaho?

We probably won't have time to really stop and explore much along the way, but I'm at least interested in looking out the window at new pieces of earth and chatting with some different airport bums.

Twin Falls, Idaho would be a nice last stop. It's a straight shot south to SD from here.

Funny you mention twin falls. I flew right seat on a CJ1 for a charter flight up there a few months back. Nice place and friendly people at the FBO, but a little cold in winter LOL. Can't say that I'd make any effort to go back though.

Back