Osh planning question

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
If one were to fly into Appleton on Wednesday, are there concerns that it will be full and there will be no room? What are the tiedown fees like?

Any specific advice / tips for going that route?

I'm betting that ATW will be much like OSH....early arrivals on Sat & Sun, then many leave Tues/Wed. Then the second wave arrives Wed/Thurs and stay until the end of the week.

Can’t Cirrus park on grass??

They can, but it is frowned up on by some as Bryan says. Main issue is the wheel pants, which are about an inch and half above the ground, not great for grass, plus small wheels.

Appleton gets good reviews on Airnav during the Oshkosh show. They mentioned a bus every hour with camping allowed. Seems like an O.K. option.

They can, but it is frowned up on by some as Bryan says. Main issue is the wheel pants, which are about an inch and half above the ground, not great for grass, plus small wheels.
Got to be a pain to check tire pressure or air up a bit I imagine

Why do you have to bring the size of 6PC's "wheels" into this?

"Everybody's talking bout his tight pants..."

Main issue is the wheel pants, which are about an inch and half above the ground, not great for grass, plus small wheels.

You know what they say about how little wheels match other small equipment, right?

You know what they say about how little wheels match other small equipment, right?

Yeah, big tires don't go on small wheels. Also, smaller brake pads, fewer bearings...

Dry grass is fine with a cirrus. If it rains and gets real sloppy (as it often does in Oshkosh in the summer), it can be a pain to get it unstuck.

I always go into OSH proper but do pay a bit extra for hard surface parking on the Basler ramp. It’s cheap compared to the hotel room at the Hilton!

Back