OSH/Airventure 2009 Attendance List & Dates

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
I have the 182RG reserved and plan on flying my father-in-law up there on Friday 7/31 and staying through Sunday probably.

When is everyone else planning on being there?

Edit: BTW, we'll be camping in the North 40.

I will be there from Saturday (weather permitting) to Friday. I hope to camp in the North 40, but we'll see.

Going all week. Several factors still yet to be determined for arrival time and camping location.

im planning on going the 25th wx permitting. And staying till Wed.

Tuesday or Wednesday to the end, maybe. Vintage Camping, hopefully with the 195 gang.

Start to finish about row 520 North 40 with the Women Fly/Lost Squadron group.

I'll be there the 25th and 26th (Sat and Sun before) greeting airplanes in the North 40.

I'll also be there on Fri the 31st for the WomenVenture pic! I'll also be looking for the best partayyyyyy on Friday night.

Won't be there. It's like a strip club.

I'll be there the 25th and 26th (Sat and Sun before) greeting airplanes in the North 40.

I'll also be there on Fri the 31st for the WomenVenture pic! I'll also be looking for the best partayyyyyy on Friday night.

Can you save the Aztec a good spot?

I'm in for the picture agian this year. This year I'll try to get up front so I can find myself.

Can you save the Aztec a good spot?

I'm in for the picture agian this year. This year I'll try to get up front so I can find myself.

Good idea! I never did get a response on getting a high res photo for you. I am meeting a few of my friends tonight, so I will ask again tonight!

Plan to be there the entire week. Don't know yet where we'll be staying.

We'll be there in our Viking Witch (N8388W) starting Saturday through Friday. We hope to get in the North 40; is there a way to indicate it or request during the taxi after landing???? Last year, We were at the end of Row 557 nearest the runway. Thanks for any "I want that spot advice".

tent_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, planning to arrive Saturday 7/25 and leaving Sunday 8/2. Staying in Camp Scholler.

The Free Bird, N6138V will be parked in the North 40 from before the air show begins (hopefully Saturday) until Friday, unless we find a really good party Thursday night and are too hung over to fly.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I will be there camping in the North 40.
Arriving Weds the 29th and departing Sunday the 2nd.

I will be in the North 40 yet again. N18527 its a blue and white cessna 150, mon-friday

I'll be there. Going up on the 26th and home on the 31st. :)

I'll be there. I plan on arriving and camping either on the 28th or 29th and staying through the 31st. This will be my first time:D, Any tips for a newbie?

I'll be there. I plan on arriving and camping either on the 28th or 29th and staying through the 31st. This will be my first time:D, Any tips for a newbie?

Only three:

1. Read the NOTAM.

2. Read the NOTAM.

3. Read the NOTAM.

We'll be there in our Viking Witch (N8388W) starting Saturday through Friday. We hope to get in the North 40; is there a way to indicate it or request during the taxi after landing???? Last year, We were at the end of Row 557 nearest the runway. Thanks for any "I want that spot advice".

tent_thumb.jpg

Stick a sign in the window that says "GAC", as per the NOTAM. They will direct you to the North 40. As far as getting the spot you want, I heard a guy talk about how he ignores everyone when he lands and taxis to the showers. Only thing I've ever heard of. Me, I just go where I'm told.

We're heading for the mountains instead. Will somebody stop by all the exhibits and pick up the literature and junk, send it to me when we get back home? :p

Two us will be flying in from Denver in a DA40 on Monday, departing Friday, and camping in the North 40.

Looking forward to it...

Just a reminder - if you want to join in on the unified blue/purple contact list, send me an email at timothy.metzinger@metzair.com with your contact number and the dates of your attendance. I've already gotten most of you, but Kent and Missa are notable absences.

Great Link! Thank you.

Most likely will be arriving in the Oshkosh area Monday after the air show. If the Fisk arrival is too jammed, I may want to camp at a airport and fly into Oshkosh in the morning. Can anyone recommend a good airport to camp at close to Oshkosh (I'll be coming from the east and crossing Lake Michigan)? Is Fond du Lac my best option?

What???

Boo! :(

I'll be there all week, most likely under the wing of N271G in the North 40, still wearing a big grin from flying the Super Cub on floats before I go. :D

i guess maybe if i get laid off between now and then i can make it. otherwise i need to conserve vacation time and stay employed.

Bring money, sunscreen, comfy shoes, and did I mention money? :D

Just a reminder - if you want to join in on the unified blue/purple contact list, send me an email at timothy.metzinger@metzair.com with your contact number and the dates of your attendance. I've already gotten most of you, but Kent and Missa are notable absences.

I sent you mine and you said I was on the list last Thursday... or do you just not know my real name?

Edit: Email re-sent

Last edited:
Plan to fly in two of the following days Wednesday 7/29 - Friday 7/31. Best weather determines which two. Two good days in a row, we might camp over. That's what we're planning for.

Is anyone going through Chicago? My cousin from CA is in town for the 99's International Conference, and wants very badly to attend the Oshkosh events. She has just a little bit of money, though, and the usual travel options (amtrak, metra, bus, rental car) would eat up a significant portion. Can anyone give her a ride there and back, or possibly just there, for a negotiable amount?

Ok, travel schedule is pretty much figured out.

I'll be hopping on the motorcycle and riding out there on Tuesday, arriving in time for Grant and Leslie's dinner. Then staying Wed/Thurs, and leaving for home Friday morning.

See y'all there!

I think we should have a contest to be Ted's pillion on the ride to the White House!

I'm game for that, provided I'm the judge. My VTX is the best ride in town! ;)

1. hat, sunblock, sunblock for lips
2. large water bottle
3. bring ATM card, credit card, and/or cash
4. *extremely* comfy shoes
5. did I mention sun block?
6. and those really comfy shoes

Me? I'll be in Fri-Sun, on my way from Denver to New York. Staying in the dorms.

Stop by the Colorado DOT Aeronautics Division booth at the NASAO tent (no, I don't know where it is yet) and say hi.

Back