OSA & Battery

iflyvfr

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Greg
With OSH fast approaching, I'm seeking a lightweight yet inexpensive battery to power my CPAP. The prices from the medical forums are stupid expensive.

Also, how do you plan to recharge yours, solar?

Thanks.
With OSH rapidly approaching, I'm looking for an alternative to lugging a 50 lb deep cycle for obvious reasons. Have you found a lightweight, relatively inexpensive option for a battery? How do you plan to recharge it if so? I'd love to find something in the $150 range. Some of the more mainstream options are 3+ times that all in...
With OSH rapidly approaching, I'm looking for an alternative to lugging a 50 lb deep cycle for obvious reasons. Have you found a lightweight, relatively inexpensive option for a battery? How do you plan to recharge it if so? I'd love to find something in the $150 range. Some of the more mainstream options are 3+ times that all in...

Not a whole lot better weight wise than a deep cycle but certainly easier to use. I use this at deer camp and when the power goes out at my house. I can run my CPAP without the humidifier for at least 2 days without charging it. I don't think I can get a full three days. I also charge my phone every night off the USB. It is a nice little unit. If you have the direct DC cable for your CPAP it would probably last slightly longer than running the inverter. I have also used it to jump several vehicles. It also has an air pump if you need it.

https://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-X...6817789&sr=8-21&keywords=battery+jump+starter

71356lIXNZL._SL1345_.jpg

Freedom CPAP battery: http://www.cpap-supply.com/Freedom-CPAP-Battery-Pack-p/batt-4.htm

New and Improved Universal CPAP Battery
The Freedom universal CPAP battery pack is the latest and most sophisticated portable CPAP battery solution for CPAP users. We're always looking for great new products and we're excited to be able to offer this new incredibly reliable CPAP battery complete with digital display, 12V cord, USB Out charging port, and adapters for such a great price.

NEW! Slimline CPAP Battery Pack - Dimensions 7.5" x 4.8" x 0.8"
Power your CPAP machine for two full nights (likely longer at lower pressure settings) with our low-profile CPAP battery. With dimensions of only 7.5" x 4.8" x 0.8" this battery is easy to take with you. Enjoy the freedom to travel anywhere with portable power, whether you're sailing, flying, camping or vacationing in a luxury waterfront hut in Fiji. At home you can sleep easy knowing you own a reliable battery backup in case of emergency or power outage. Plus the battery can be used to power other small electronic devices like smartphones and tablets.

Estimated run time is 1 to 3 nights depending on your CPAP machine model and pressure setting. Most CPAP machines running at a pressure of 10 will get more than two full nights of use before needing a recharge. Two batteries can be "pig-tailed" together with the included DC cord for twice the power - up to 6 nights of use with two batteries at lower pressure settings! The battery also acts as an uninterruptible power supply, meaning that you can plug the battery into the wall outlet while the battery is also connected to and powering the CPAP machine. If the power goes out, the battery will continue to power the CPAP, making this a perfect power solution when a power outage is probable or imminent.

CPAP Battery Pack Features
The Freedom CPAP Battery Pack comes complete with:
  • Freedom CPAP Battery
  • DC Power Pigtail Cord
  • AC Power Cord for Charging the Battery From a Wall Outlet
  • 12V Cord For Use With CPAP Machines Which Don't Require a DC Converter or Inverter
  • 3 Jack Adapters for the 12V Cord (Which Make the 12V Cord Compatible with Many CPAP Machines Which Don't Require a DC Converter or Inverter)
Note: if you own a CPAP machine that requires a DC converter, you have a couple of options. You can use an inverter instead of the DC converter, or you can buy the DC converter specific to your particular CPAP machine. Call us if you need help determining what to buy. Toll-free 1-888-955-2727.

The Battery
  • Weighs 1.7 Pounds
  • Dimensions: 7.5" x 4.8" x 0.8"
  • Weight of battery, charger, cords: 2 lbs 6 oz
  • Rechargeable lithium-ion
  • 97.68Wh Power Output (Nearly 60% MORE hours of operation per charge than a 12v DC 6.6 Amp Hr. Compare closely to competing batteries so you don't get shortchanged.)

Safety Features
  • Aluminum alloy scratch-resistant shell provides maximum durability
  • Protective Circuit Board (PCB) provides internal protection against thermal runaway (overheating), over charging and discharging, over voltage, over current, and short circuiting

Charging
  • 4 hour recharge time
  • Rated for 400 - 500 charge/discharge cycles
  • Clearly marked input and output jacks
  • USB Out jack for easy charging of mobile phones and tablets
  • Easy-to-read digital display showing charging indicator on end of battery
  • Allows charging of the battery from any 110V to 220V wall outlet

Should have mentioned my pressure is a 7.

Yep, that's what I'm seeing too, it looks like either I carry the weight or spend $350 (including the converter specific to my model). I was hoping someone had found a lighter AND less expensive route.

You know, maybe I need to get a configuration together and report on my findings for the good of the order. I even thought of using a solar panel while we were flying: stretch it across the baggage area and let the sun do its thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back