Orlando Executive ILS approach to minimums

Marcsamo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Marc Sabate
I'm on my last steps in the Instrument Rating and I went to Orlando Executive airport to do the ILS rwy 7 approach there, where we could fly in acutal IMC and rain and we broke out 200 above minimums which made the approach really interesting. Every time I go fly IFR I'm amazed, I find flying instrument really cool. Well, I'm sharing the video of the approach I hope you like it and feel free to comment:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG7XPNVm1Pk

Marc

My first approach in actual to LPV minimums is one of my most memorable flights!...which was after a diversion then an airport turn around by ATC. Noting came easy!

Nice job.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:..

Ps...
I would have called the tower and told him his green light bulb was burned out on the rotating beacon...

Nice job.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:..

Ps...
I would have called the tower and told him his green light bulb was burned out on the rotating beacon...

Usually it's the same bulb, different lens...:dunno:

Nice job. Interesting how camera position made it appear you were way off the centerline.

I call your 150' and raise you 10'
I don't play poker, maybe I said that wrong.

Yuppers!!!! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. I "settled" for my video. Yours is truly a Cat IIIB.

I don't know how those Orlando controllers deal with you 'Connection' people. I hope they get big bonuses.

I always get nervous going into ORL.

Usually it's the same bulb, different lens...:dunno:

I always thought so... But the beacon they installed out here 10 years ago when they built the tower must have two separate bulbs..... I always call in to the tower to report it and it seems the green one is out 4 times more often then the white one... IMHO.:dunno:

Last edited:
I went missed one night on the LOC 7 (glideslope in the aircraft wasn't working, didn't know it until then). Approach was none to happy with having to vector an airship around for the LOC BC 25 (before they had the ILS to 25). Took about 2 hours from start to finish.

Good job, and good luck finishing up your IR. If you want to see some more IFR flying in the Cirrus, I put up a few on youtube. This was down to minimums and going missed then another low approach almost to minimums. IFR is fun stuff! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBikkN_48i8

Back