ORF Eats & Drinks

TCABM

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
3G
Headed to the Norfolk/Oceana/Va Beach area tomorrow for family business. We’re not heading west across the bay bridge tunnel, but everywhere else is fair game. Except Captain George’s. No buffets.

Any recommendations for food & beverage on the economy?

Unfortunately, we don’t have time to expand past the local area.

What kind of food?

I’m local. Hampton Roads isn’t exactly known for its cuisine, but there are a few decent places.

Good call on avoiding the HRBT. It will take you an hour to get across and an hour to get back!

Mmmm buffet.

wonder if there is a liquor store still open

Keagan's Irish Pub in Town Square is a great option.

Fuji Hana sushi on Northhampton BLVD is awesome, just ignore the fact it's attached to a cheapish hotel.

Chick's Oyster Bar is another great option, but pretty far away from ORF.

We’re not picky, prefer to support locals and not chains though.

That’s good because most chains suck in Norfolk/Va Beach! Quality and service at most big chain restaurants here sucks compared to the same places elsewhere in the country.

Chicks is a good local place for seafood. Not that far from ORF.

Yiannis and Eurasia are both excellent. They are both in virginia beach though

Bier Garden in Portsmouth, though it's been years since I've been there.

Finally arrived.

My better half says it sounds like Eurasia tomorrow night, maybe Bier Garten Thursday…have to play that one by ear, funeral at 3p…and Chick’s on Friday before heading back Saturday.

Staying at Founder’s Inn which is on Indian River near Regent University.

Just visited the area last week! Used to live in Williamsburg in the early 90's so it was good to be back.
A good friend (my old flight instructor from back in those days), suggested a seafood place near Ft Monroe, The Deadrise. I didn't make it there so I can't comment.
We had a decent brunch Sunday early afternoon at VA Beach, Rockafeller's
And we had an ok seafood dinner over in Surry with a decent view......The Surry Seafood Company.
Went back to Charlie's at JGG for old time's sake. Decent but mostly for the memories and the views of the runway traffic.
Most of the rest of our meals were not very noteworthy.... except for dinner at my friend's house.... Good to see him and his wife again!!

VA Beach food…Eurasia is great. Steinhilbers is good excellent old school seafood and if u like fried shrimp they are the best i have had anywhere. The Porch is fantastic major ambiance and an excellent flounder sandwich the sushi is super American instead of fake crab in the rolls they use Cheasapeake blue crab. I can walk to more than a dozen restaurants chicks being one and i have not eaten there is over a decade. I would not willing travel to portsmouth but if i had to barrons or the bier garten would be where i went. Also coastal grill should be put in here if u want a softshell crab or nice ,not fried, piece of fish this is where I go. Have fun our traffic in the seven cities of tidewater is terrible use waze

Back