Oregon crash

Where does it say anything about getting a remote instructor certificate?
"Aletky’s commercial pilot certificate was issued in 2011, FAA records show. He had obtained remote flight and ground instructor certificates, according to the agency."

"Aletky’s commercial pilot certificate was issued in 2011, FAA records show. He had obtained remote flight and ground instructor certificates, according to the agency."
Yes, I quoted that, but my question was for SkyDog who tried to answer my (still unanswered) question.

The article said nothing about "remote instructor" RIF

The article said "[h]e had obtained remote flight and ground instructor certificates, according to the agency." My question was (and still is), where and how can you get a remote instructor certificate?

It's just bad journalism, happens all the time.

The article said "[h]e had obtained remote flight and ground instructor certificates, according to the agency." My question was (and still is), where and how can you get a remote instructor certificate?
That doesn't say "remote flight instructor" You are reading something that isn't there.

That doesn't say "remote flight instructor" You are reading something that isn't there.
I asked "where/how can you get a remote instructor certificate". Feel free to rephrase that for me if you think that's unclear.

I asked "where/how can you get a remote instructor certificate". Feel free to rephrase that for me if you think that's unclear.
At least now you admit it is your writing and not in the original article.

At least now you admit it is your writing and not in the original article.
Not "admitting" anything, just asking you to rephrase my question (if it's unclear) about "remote instructor certificate" based on the article: "Aletky’s commercial pilot certificate was issued in 2011, FAA records show. He had obtained remote flight and ground instructor certificates, according to the agency."

Not "admitting" anything, just asking you to rephrase my question (if it's unclear) about "remote instructor certificate" based on the article: "Aletky’s commercial pilot certificate was issued in 2011, FAA records show. He had obtained remote flight and ground instructor certificates, according to the agency."
The article says nothing about remote flight instructor certificate. Is that clear enough for you?

The article says nothing about remote flight instructor certificate. Is that clear enough for you?
The article says, "He had obtained remote flight and ground instructor certificates".
That's fairly clear, but I have never heard of it before.

The article says, "He had obtained remote flight and ground instructor certificates".
Where is the face palm meme?

It says remote flight. It does not say remote instructor. The guy did his drone training and got the cert for it. That is all there is to it. The writing in the article is not the problem. Your ability to comprehend or your desire to misunderstand is the problem.

Not that it's not fun watching a trainwreck, but I'll spoil this.

He has a:
a) Remote flight certificate (Drone pilot license)
b) Ground instructor certificate (FAR 61.211)

What he doesn't have is a:
c) Remote flight instructor certificate

Time to post a pancake bunny and move on.

Relax every one. It can easily be perceived as:

"Remote flight instructor certificate and remote ground instructor certificate"

Fuggin English language

Fuggin English language
But we all know there is no remote flight instructor cert so that fails the logic test.

Fuggin obtuse people.

Fuggin English language

And it could also be perceived that the certificates were not even in his name since he only "obtained" them. Whose certificates did he obtain? Where? Were they with him at the crash or had he framed them and put them on his (or someone else's) wall? It's not fair to blame the language because someone can't read. That's like blaming the bat because you struck out. (I know, I know... bats are blind. Ain't reading fun?)

And it could also be perceived that the certificates were not even in his name since he only "obtained" them. Whose certificates did he obtain? Where? Were they with him at the crash or had he framed them and put them on his (or someone else's) wall? It's not fair to blame the language because someone can't read. That's like blaming the bat because you struck out. (I know, I know... bats are blind. Ain't reading fun?)

Oh the English language is difficult (take it from an English minor).

Remember, capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

It is Sunday morning. Shouldn't you all be out flying rather than engaging in troll fights on the internet?

That's WHY he was asking in the first place!
Yes, he was posting because he was being obtuse. I called him on it and he was obstinate enough to maintain an untenable position. He fails logic and reading comprehension today. Maybe he can do better tomorrow.

It is Sunday morning. Shouldn't you all be out flying rather than engaging in troll fights on the internet?

I moved to an area where the grass runway is still too soggy. And I don't own an airplane. Need a kind friend to loan me a Cub or a 152... whatever they can spare! :D

I'm going up after lunch.

Nothing on my capitalization quip? That was funny.

Wow. Post a reply and go off line for awhile and this is what I came back to. Crazy.

It is written poorly but the way I read it and the way I would think anyone with some literacy in aviation would read it is that in addition to his Commercial Pilot Certificate that he had the following two certificates:
1. Remote Pilot Certificate with most likely a Small UAS rating as that is the only one currently available.
2. Ground Instructor Certificate.

And as I previously posted, if someone wants to know how to obtain those certificates they can go to www.faa.gov.

Back