Online resource for test bank

Slackyhacky

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Jeremy
I purchased the Gleim Private Pilot FAA Knowledge test book (totally worth the $20).

I also purchased Sporty's private pilot test prep for my iPhone (I think that was $12 or something).

The app has a lot of questions and ability to create tests - but it is very difficult to do a lot of the questions on my phone.

The Gleim book only has one practice test.

I don't want to spend any more money - and since I know the FAA has released a bunch of questions -

Where is a good place to find previously released tests for free?

Someone else should chime in but I used exams4pilots.org
Not sure if it's still around,or considered a viable option but it was helpful and free for me. But take what I say with a grain of salt, I don't know a fraction of what these other guys do.
Good luck!

You can use the testing engine at Gold Seal for free. Requires a sign up, but no charge.
www.OnlineGroundSchool.com.

It has the ability to create PDFs of your completed quizzes. You can even filter them so that they just include the questions you missed. Print these out to drill down to the specific areas you need to work on. Pretty good resource when you're making that final push toward the written test.

Someone else should chime in but I used exams4pilots.org
Not sure if it's still around,or considered a viable option but it was helpful and free for me. But take what I say with a grain of salt, I don't know a fraction of what these other guys do.
Good luck!

Still around and viable. They advertise an additional paid test prep now, but the free prep online is pretty much the actual test.

Can't blame them for trying to make a buck but it isn't necessary to pay for the additional test prep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sporty's Study Buddy and the exam4pilots was basically all I used to bang through test questions. I had a Gleim book and would read over it from time to time but it basically had the same questions that both of those other resources and I preferred those because I could take them in a test format to see what my score was. I paid the $9 to Sporty's to get the explanations to the questions.

I took the test about 2 years ago but AFAIK they haven't changed it since then. FWIW, I missed 3 questions using those resources. One of them was an ADF question which I didn't even really study and expected to miss any but the simplest of related questions on that subject.

Still around and viable. They advertise an additional paid test prep now, but the free prep online is pretty much the actual test.

Can't blame them for trying to make a buck but it isn't necessary to pay for the additional test prep.

exams4pilots hasn't updated their question bank in years. I also found a question with an error in it, no way to report it as the website has been broken for quite awhile.

Back