Online (Preferably App-Based) Ground School Recommendations

Brandon Lincoln

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Terenn
Hello,

I am looking at starting my private pilots training next month... I had started in 2014, but decided to have a couple (ok 4) kids instead of finished. I did however complete ground school and had passed my written exam. That said, aside from it having been more than 2 years since then, I would like to do it again to refresh myself by completing ground school again.

I see there are lots of online options now... Which do you recommend (or advise against)?

Kings, Sportys, Angle of Attack, The Finer Points, etc... Lots to choose from...

Thanks!

I used Gold Seal, and did good. I liked the way it was set up, and they were about the cheapest option. Last I checked you could check out the lessons for free to see if you like it.

Gleim online ground training… good web portal, books and information. worth a try. It’s yearly subscription based, you can get packaged deal with webportal and printed book format…

I used King Schools. Not the cheapest but it is easy to use and prepares you for the exam. Unless you simply don’t apply yourself, or have an awful memory you will pass first go round.

You really don’t need an online ground school. Everything is available free online.

I never really researched it that much. Do they give you the certificate to test as well?

Back