Online commercial pilot ground schools

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
My plane is getting painted and I want to fill a void. In the next two months I want to complete an online commercial pilot class, get endorsed to take the written test, then use the infamous test bank prep program to ace the written.
Has anyone recently completed a commercial online ground school such that you can share your opinion of them?

I did. King. Started early January, took the written late Feb. Did it on my iPad. Filled the weather void nicely. It was good. I passed missing a couple questions. Was logically laid out and I took notes.

Last edited:
I did not use any ground school for commercial. Everything you need is in the Airplane Flying Handbook and the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. Both are available on line and they are the source material for the commercial written. After reading the material I used the ASA iPad app to drill on the material. The explanations in the ASA app were pretty good. Then I polished up with Shepherd Air for the written. When you get to the Commercial level you really need to a real understanding of the material. Good luck - if it has not been long since your ppl you have covered the material - you just need to take it to the next level. Good luck

I did not use any ground school for commercial. Everything you need is in the Airplane Flying Handbook and the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. Both are available on line and they are the source material for the commercial written. After reading the material I used the ASA iPad app to drill on the material. The explanations in the ASA app were pretty good. Then I polished up with Shepherd Air for the written. When you get to the Commercial level you really need to a real understanding of the material. Good luck - if it has not been long since your ppl you have covered the material - you just need to take it to the next level. Good luck

Thank you.
How did you get endorsed to test?

Gleim - but I'm old school in that I learn by reading and highlighting.

I've heard good things about Sportys'.

Thank you.
How did you get endorsed to test?
I used my long time CFI that I always did flight reviews and approaches with. I am pretty sure the ASA app had an option to submit a practice test and they would supply an endorsement.

I used Sporty's commercial last spring and then finished with Sheppard before the written. It was a good combo.

Back